• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

who needs stinking rifling! Kibler fowler group,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here is a Kibler fowler i done about a month ago. i have it for sale but it has been sitting dormant, so this morning i played around with a peep sight i put under the rear screw. this was 50yds off the bench. i could also hit 3x6 steel targets off hand. i might take it deer hunting Saturday morning. our season opened Aug. 15-jan1 i am digging the smooth bore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
smoth bore group.JPG

Rifling...over-rated for 200 years.

You guys keep tempting me to make a Kibler Fowler my next build (after I get around to the Rifle Shoppe Baker rifle that has been waiting for me for a couple of years).

Rob

here is a Kibler fowler i done about a month ago. i have it for sale but it has been sitting dormant, so this morning i played around with a peep sight i put under the rear screw. this was 50yds off the bench. i could also hit 3x6 steel targets off hand. i might take it deer hunting Saturday morning. our season opened Aug. 15-jan1 i am digging the smooth bore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 343795

Can we see a picture of your peep?

here is a photo of the sight i made. it is just a crude rough prototype to see if it would work. the screw is an old lock plate screw with a flat base, not bevvied so the sight would clamp flat and tight. the sight was a piece of old band sawmill blade. i heated it red hot to get the temper out and bend and drill it. i will take another piece and refine it to look and function correctly.
smooth sight.JPG

here is a photo of the sight i made. it is just a crude rough prototype to see if it would work. the screw is an old lock plate screw with a flat base, not bevvied so the sight would clamp flat and tight. the sight was a piece of old band sawmill blade. i heated it red hot to get the temper out and bend and drill it. i will take another piece and refine it to look and function correctly.
View attachment 343956
That's really sweet! It may help to turn the sight a full 180 degrees so the peep is closer to your eye; It'd give it a more traditional look too. I like the staining you did on the timber @olskool. Very nice.

Cheers, Pete

Latest posts

Back