• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why Are So Many Guns For Sale Here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have the uptick in gun listings have anything to do with The 2023 NMLRA National Matches in September? 🤷‍♂️

Or is this the time of year everybody upgrades their collection? :dunno:

I believe it’s the opportunity given to sell an item. I’ve seen better prices here than gunbroker or ebay. Or any other online sales. Where else can you buy, sell or trade? Some people get a new toy and then they decide to move on to another one. Either by selling, buying or trading. MHO or two cents worth

Me too. I just made a road trip to pick up a .36 Uberti that was too good a deal to pass up and met a super nice man. He even checked in to make sure I got home ok! Have yet to meet many butt heads on the forum. One in particular I gave every opprtuinty to be civil and then placed him safely away in the box.

Buying and selling here has been my main source of "stuff" related to this hobby for the last 4-5 years.

I haven't noticed an uptick in guns offered. I was actually thinking it feels like sales are slowing, so the number of guns on offer is larger because they are on longer, have more discussion and more reductions.

Could be money is tight, could be summer and shooters aren't shooting in the heat. Boating, fishing, camping, or whatever else occupying more time. But I've seen really nice stuff (guns and accessories) at good prices sitting for a long time.

I usually hit up a local auction each month. If a gun sells well, I'll grab it and throw it on the forum. Sometimes I decide to keep them, sometimes they sell. It's a nice little hobby for me, and I've "met" some great folks by doing it, and I've also learned a lot.
Well put, I do the same.
I haven't noticed an uptick in guns offered. I was actually thinking it feels like sales are slowing, so the number of guns on offer is larger because they are on longer, have more discussion and more reductions.

Could be money is tight, could be summer and shooters aren't shooting in the heat. Boating, fishing, camping, or whatever else occupying more time. But I've seen really nice stuff (guns and accessories) at good prices sitting for a long time.
My money is so tight it squeaks

Have the uptick in gun listings have anything to do with The 2023 NMLRA National Matches in September? 🤷‍♂️

Or is this the time of year everybody upgrades their collection? :dunno:

A bunch of us are getting older, and either we don't get into the woods much, or we do but only with one or two of the several guns that we own, have nobody to pass them onto, and thus they might as well be converted to cash and put some groceries on the table?

LD

There are always a lot of guns for sale on this forum.Gun prices are good and this is the place to sell muzzle loading goods.People are just getting rid of unwanted inventory for descent prices.Noticing a few more gun flippers lately tho. As far a tight money,I don't see it much on anything these days,people want every thing yesterday and aren't afraid to overpay.

A bunch of us are getting older, and either we don't get into the woods much, or we do but only with one or two of the several guns that we own, have nobody to pass them onto, and thus they might as well be converted to cash and put some groceries on the table?

LD
This is for sure! My son has no nterest in any of my BP stuff except he did want a 12" revolver that was stainless. I didnt know so I sold it. He then mentioned he would have liked it so I got another, blued on super sale. Now he says he only wanted it becuse it was stainless. So I will soon turn that into another rifle or pistol that I LIKE! I need to update my will and have all my stuff auctioned offo right here and give the mney to St Judes or some other good cause!!

If there is an uptick in sales here on this great site, then it probably has to do with the fact that is a great site for selling ML. The prices are reasonable here, but I wouldn't say there are a lot of bargains. My personal experience buying has been extremely positive, and I highly recommend the site, but there is at least one seller I will not do business with.

Not only is this a good site to showcase your selling of muzzleloaders,I think it's getting close to fall and hunting seasons. Many need a new gun, want to try something different in using a muzzleloader,many newbies and some just want to sell in order to refund their addiction😃

Stuff saved for our kids that they don't want and we, for one reason or another, don't anticipate using again needs to find new homes. Realized it's dumb to pay rent for storage units when no one wants the things stored there.

Part of the fun in antique firearms is sharing the experience with friends. When your friends are all d.e.a.d. or pissing their depends as residents of Sighing Sycamores retirement villa, that glass case of neat things ain't really interesting. Stick around, geezers will be shucking cool stuff more and more. We're the "boomers" and it's "time".

I don't sell on this forum. However,
I'm not seeing an uptick or downturn.
The only thing that's gone to flat for me is percussion revolvers.

I suppose with the percussion revolvers conversion cylinders were quite hot 20, 2021 part of 2022.
Muzzleloaders pistols rifles & smoothies they're all selling.
Collectable Suppository revolvers rifles ,commemoratives are going within a week and some are sold in 10 minutes via phone or text.

Muzzleloader accessories is a little slow.

Next year things are going to get scarce again. The scalpers & hoarders will be out as well as the scammers.

Back