• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

winter projects

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lonestar! Great Idea. I think I saw motion sensors in Harbor Frieght catalogue for add ons.

Finished up now... just letting the last bit of finish dry from a little more clean up on the carving.. should have been finished last fall :shake: but anyway more pics to come in the near future :thumbsup: This was taken before the finish was applied. just a sneak peak

S6300015.jpg

Roy said:
Finished up now... just letting the last bit of finish dry from a little more clean up on the carving.. should have been finished last fall :shake: but anyway more pics to come in the near future :thumbsup: This was taken before the finish was applied. just a sneak peak

S6300015.jpg

Ya know, I heard there was a lot of talent on this forum but I had no idea!!! :bow: You can send it to me and I will finish it up for you free of charge. :)
VERY NICE INDEED :hatsoff:

Anyone know how to get pictures off a Blackberry and onto a hard drive?

Thanks! this pic was taken at the same time.. a bit better showing off the carving
:thumbsup:
S6300016.jpg

fairly good... just takes time, its black walnut, so not as easy as good hard maple

Trapper said:
Hey Swampy, I had back surgery bout 10 yrs ago. Thank the good Lord....things are fine.. I get around just fine now, just ask RC.... 6 screws and 2 rods help me shoot better.... hope ya feel better. Any chance you'll get to the N'eastern in NY this year. I need some help keepin RC in line. Trapper

Just saw this Trapper, thanks. They say I'll me completely recovered in a year but it sure don't look it after 9 months. I wish I hadn't had the surgery now because I got around better before it. :youcrazy:

Lonestar, NRA member? Can they help with the lose? Sorry to hear that. :shake:

Bubba, my piece of walnut is better than yours! :blah:

That Ivory Roy, it better be! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun arrived a week ago..The wife just had surgery and turkey season is coming up so it looks like a may 1st start date...10 ga.Halfstock fowler from Dunlapwoodcrafts..pattern based from the Robin's Fowler...37" Rice bbl Chambers Early Ketland modified lock-built like a brick house! walnut straight grain with some figure near the butt-thick wrist .all steel trim..This will be my go-to goose gun this fall. 917.00......delivered to my door. This is going to be fun!

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

Yes, it is used for routering in barrel channels; it is a real pain though. It is real handy for clamping the gun to when working on it, just have to use scrap pieces of lumber for shims.
100_0263.jpg

100_0264.jpg

Latest posts

Back