• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Winter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure of the style of my s/shoes NWTF Longhunter, but they work great. I've had them for a few years, but haven't used them that much. We don't get a lot of snow here on the coast as a rule. This year has been an exception, it came and it stayed!
SOGGY :thumbsup:

Longhunter ware did you get those boots. I like those
enyhelp would be great in finging theme or how to make them?
thanks Rick

Rick, here is their web site www.iversonsnowshoe.com

They make a lot of their shoes with neoprene laceing. They can and do make them with rawhide, which I like the best. Also ask about custom sizes. Mine arn't listed on their website but for big guys, you can have them made to carry up to 300 lb's

I'm one of those guys who love winter. I wish it lasted 6 months a year and the other 6 split between spring and fall. You can keep summer.

IMG_1926.jpg

Here on the Colorado River in AZ it is 86 degrees today. Nada complaints, :redthumb: for we sure needed it, but we have had more rain this past winter than for the entire 13 years we have lived here.

NWTF, wherd ya get those boots?

I made em, they're deer tanned cowhide. I made a pair of sheepskin liners for inside and the outers are heavily greased. Apply the grease and put the moc's in a warm over. Repeat until the leather won't absorb anymore. I never had wet feet with these winter moccasins. To keep them from slipping in wet snow I smeared contact cement on the bottoms and sprinkeled a little sand on them.

The rest of the outfit, shirt and pants made from green and black Whitney blankets. The hat is otterskin. Bow is 51" sinew backed osage 75#, decoated with strips of bear skin from one of my bow killed black bear. I used flint tipped cedar arrows and the back quiver is deerskin with the hair on.

winter, snow....whats that stuff....oh it's that white stuff....ok..........bob

Thaks for the Web-sight. I used to have a tubing frames but i lent them to my brother how bent them up not doing that again.

Thanks
rick

When I lived on the central coast of California, it was hard to tell what season it was - weather didn't change much. When I moved to Oregon, we could tell what season it was by the temperature of the rain - warm during the summer, cold during the winter. Then moved back to California, but up north just of the northwest face of Mt. Shasta. We had seasons there and a fair amount of snow (6 feet in one day). When I moved here to Vermont in 98, I found out what mud season is and found a new definition for COLD -- 20-25

DSCN03531.jpg
[/img]
DSCN0360.jpg
[/img]

How about this, and they are calling for 6-10 inches more tonight and tomorrow. winter S@#$% S

It just snowed two or three more inches in west Michigan. But, as I tell friends who flee south in the winter, if you can't endure the winter, you don't deserve to enjoy spring, summer and fall. graybeard :shake:

I like the seasons. Summer could be cooler and less humid especially though. After Monday's almost 60 degree weather I am ready for spring, winter is long enough. BTW, Tuesday was 40 degrees colder.

What change in weather.... ::winter here has lasted 4 days. :shocking: Then we are back again into HURRICANE season. :what: :eek: :youcrazy: :shocking: :curse: :curse:

Deep in the South....FLORIDA

Ahhh,"seasons".I have lived as far west as Hawaii,as far east as New York,north to Northern Michigan and south to Oklahoma.As far as I can tell,climate is what you expect and weather is what you get.Where I am now we can go from winter to mud season to bug season then deer season.Floods one year and drought the next...with tornados in between.

Back