• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Would you buy it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the bore is so bad that you can't get it to shoot straight yourself, then why not have it reamed out to a .58 smoothbore? That should be a relatively inexpensive operation for any good machine shop to handle.

Why would you do that when you can get a new Lyman Trade Rifle for less money? Wholesale Sports and Lebarons carry the Lyman rifles at very reasonable prices. But whatever floats your boat.

One USD is worth about $1.12 CDN, so it's not a function of exchange rate, but simply the asking price. A gun that sells for $900 in the US could be priced at over $1500 up here. I bought a Yugo Mauser for $399 locally that I have seen advertised for $150 in the USA. Guns that would barely fetch fifty bucks down south can be sold for over $100 here. If that gun is going for $149 ($133 US) here in Ontario, it would probably cost $60 or $70 in a gun shop in most states.

The hunter version (short barrel with the rubber recoil pad) has the chrome bore. I found one here for $150 and probably could have gotten it for less, but I just didn't need another .50 cal rifle since I have 4 here now...

For $150.00 and it can put them in a dinner plate size group at what ever distance you use for hunting it wouldn't be a bad buy. like others have said they have seen boars look bad but shoot good. My .02 cents F.K.

Latest posts

Back