• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

YES Now thats funny !!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric Krewson said:
The flintlock, my old age eyes and the fact that I taught hunter safety for them for 10 years got me a warning ticket instead of the real thing, and I got to keep my deer.

Pretty good they let you keep the deer. When Southeastern MN went to a 4-point-on-a-side buck rule a few years back, if someone shot a buck that didn't meet the requirement (the first year) and turned themselves in, there was no ticket issued, but the license was filled and the deer donated to the food bank. If someone shot an illegal buck and tried to get home without being caught, and was, full penalties applied.

T.O. said:
Game wardens don't have to have search warrants, as far as I know they can search anything on you, your vehicle or your property with minimal suspicion.

They do it here with impunity. They only need a "tip" that something may be illegal. They have full powers of arrest and don't have the same restrictions as regular LEOs .. at least they act that way. :td:

Patocazador said:
T.O. said:
Game wardens don't have to have search warrants, as far as I know they can search anything on you, your vehicle or your property with minimal suspicion.

They do it here with impunity. They only need a "tip" that something may be illegal. They have full powers of arrest and don't have the same restrictions as regular LEOs .. at least they act that way. :td:
True here in Kansas they use them at DUI checkpoints off the roads. If the local police ask to search a vehicle because the drivers acting shady and declines they have the GW conduct a search because they don't need a warrant and all they have to say if the person was thought to have had game in the car. Its how the law enforcement forces work together now to nail people while stretching the law but still following it on the far edge.

2_Tall said:
Patocazador said:
T.O. said:

True here in Kansas they use them at DUI checkpoints off the roads. If the local police ask to search a vehicle because the drivers acting shady and declines they have the GW conduct a search because they don't need a warrant and all they have to say if the person was thought to have had game in the car. Its how the law enforcement forces work together now to nail people while stretching the law but still following it on the far edge.

Wow! I guess things are different state to state, I can't imagine our Game wardens pulling that here. First because in Colorado 100% of there budget comes from hunters & fisherman. Second (To be frank) I don't think it would be a good Idea to use a trick to circumvent peoples rights, and then a month later head miles back into the woods alone to maybe walk into the camp of the man who's rights you circumvented.

A friend and I both with muzzle loading doubles were waiting for the doves to start flying and watching a flock of about 30 teal flying back and forth. We even tracked them a time or two.

When we stood up and turned around a Texas game warden was standing about 50 yards back watching us. He laughed and said that he was sure he had us! :haha:

Geo. T.

Latest posts

Back