• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your Fav 2008 Hunting pic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A milestone in my journey hunting with Flintlocks”¦on this particuIar day I knowingly left the house in a light rain, managed the .62cal rifled Flintlock during it all for a couple hours and when this guy came cruising through looking for does she popped right off.

1113088pointerRifled62calPRBcropped.jpg

First squirrel hunt with a .28ga smoothbore”¦took a couple with loads of #5 shot.

IMG_0272Cropped.jpg

Nice Buck Roundball!
Looiks like you must have a chunk of Private land to hunt ...going by that sign over the muzzle of your gun.
Craig

A lot of great pictures here. This one is my personal favorite. I battled it out with Gamra the Snapping Turtle with my .36. This picture may hold the distinction of the only flinter kill of a snapper on this forum.

SnappingTurtle.jpg

Halftail said:
Nice Buck Roundball!
Looiks like you must have a chunk of Private land to hunt ...going by that sign over the muzzle of your gun.
Craig
I'm very lucky to have developed a relationship with two different landowners to hunt on a small track of land, two different farms...take pretty good care of them every year...Christmas hams, presents for their kids, etc.

Each little farm is 95% fields but they each have a couple 2-3 acre woodlots scattered here and there due to a ravine or big wooded drainage ditches which serve as funnels between fields.
I can sit over a trail through a funnel and many times never see a thing come along...but if/when one comes through he's only 25-50 yards away.

I put those posted signs up for the landowners every year since the early '90s...I had just dragged this guy out to the edge of the road and my truck was right behind me...it had stopped raining and I thought that scene with the gate post & posted sign made a good unique setting so I pulled out the camera and snapped a couple...

BillinOregon said:
Trench: How did that snapper eat up?

It was big enough that I only needed one leg per meal. I made snapper soup, a turtle pie, and then tried grilling it which didn't work so well.
The pie and soup were great.

Back