• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your honestly opinion about this Jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye1755

54 Cal.
Reaction score
First i must apology the blurred pics.
Now tell me your honestly opinion about this Jaeger.
beide1gr.jpg

jaeger2gr.jpg

jaeger3gr.jpg

jaeger4gr.jpg

jaeger5gr.jpg

jaeger6gr.jpg

jaeger7gr.jpg

jaeger8gr.jpg

jaeger9gr.jpg

jaeger11gr.jpg

jaeger12gr.jpg

jaeger13gr.jpg

:hatsoff:

wonderful piece of art. the only problem with art is that was never meant to be fired.

what's it for? :confused: way to fancy almost gawdy! :redface: (you asked!) appears it should set in a glass case so people could pick which one design they want.. :shocked2: somebody took ALOT of time to do that,,just escapes me as to why? but it are an attention grabber! RC

It is a so called "Prunkwaffe", only made for looking at it and not for shooting.

:thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

The carving behind the cheekpiece looks very provincial in design, not what one normally sees on a fine Germanic gun. Not sure what to make of it. The amount of carving and inlay coverage looks more like what one would find on an earlier wheel lock gun.

Looks like a lot of things don't quite fit.

Maybe the decoration was added later, sometime long after the gun was built?

:hmm:

Thanks for the pics

take care,

Tom

Less sometimes is more IMHO.

Those days it was often, the more fancy you can afford the more´s your status.

Carlsbad or Vienna school or something else? :confused:

Mike, I totally agree, to both statements. I recognize some of the hardware, and the lock looks like a Davis to me.

hey there chicken man,I do believe you've got it.It sure is gawdy though isn't it.Wick,I believe you're right on that lock also.I guess the best way to describe this gun is decoration gone amok.
Tom Patton

It can't be shot, it's too expensive. Looks like a waste of good parts and a lot of work.

Many Klatch

I think it would have looked much better plain without all the carving/inletting way to much and out of sinc, muddled, at any rate not like anything I have seen before, the highly decorated French guns shown by Lenk often leave virtualy no wood exposed but it comes together this does not to my eye.

zonie made that fer ya, huh :rotf: ....nice er :confused: gun....ivory or pearl in lays :v .............bob

If you don't want it, I'll take it.

The biggest negative thing that I see with it is the wire inlay. It just looks more like scribble than a laid out pattern. It's going everywhere.

Back