• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your honestly opinion about this Jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly...
I love it...Looks as though it should be used by a prince or other such noble.

Have you fired it??
built from a kit?"and if so which one as I want one in the white!

Very nice..

ROBERT

bessbattlesystem said:
Honestly...
Have you fired it??
built from a kit?"and if so which one as I want one in the white!
Very nice..
ROBERT
I didn't build it. :rotf: My fingers are all thumbs. :shocked2:
I found the pics in the web.
:hatsoff:

Now, the computer I'm using has a lousy screen, so I can't see it real well, but from what I can see, I do like the fore end decoration..the running deer, the hunters, etc. It appears reasonably well done (again, considering the screen I'm looking at right now), and is the type of stuff you will see on 17th and 18th century German rifles.

Der Fett' Deutscher said:
Now, the computer I'm using has a lousy screen, so I can't see it real well...

Well, perhaps it didn't lies on your screen,the pics are so lousy. :redface:
:hatsoff:

That's really...errr....GERMANIC-looking. Yes, that's the term. "Kitsch" is another term that describes a German specialty. :shocked2:

:hmm: There maybe a good reason why those pic's are lousy. Wouldn't you think...someone taking the time to build something that fancy would make sure they took the best possible pic's of it?

It looks like lessons 1 through 250 all on the same rifle. I like it in a strange way.

Buy it...shoot it...hunt with it. Overdone, for sure, but that wasn't uncommon with Jaeger's was it?

Would be just the thing to take to Germany on a wild boar hunt. If I had the money to buy this piece, I would do just that. :)

Buffler Runner

:hmm: Frankly to me it's so overdone I wouldn't want it as a gift. Kirrmeister's word "Schnickschnack" suits it to a "T." This is an example of what we used to call "Lily Guilder's" work. Further I think this belongs in a museum as an example oh "How Not to Finish a Good Gun." :shake:

Some of you are missing my point. Not only is it over decorated , it's not well executed. It's just plain ugly!
Over decoration is fine, many of the top buyilders today overdecorate to show off their skill. The guy that built this should have stuck to a plainer gun that matched his skills. I'd say this guy excells in metal work as the engraveing looks to be pretty good. The carving on the other hand leaves much to be desired...and that side plate..... :barf: Need I say more? :surrender:

Picture in your mind the dandy that would carry this rifle to a rondy. Wouldn't he be the life of the party. :rotf:

Bill

Back