• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

10 ga. sxs percussion gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this gun is made by any chance by Pedersoli the nipples will benifit from having the holes opened up to .040".

The paper shot cups with slits down the sides half the length do work!

I would try in the 80-90 grain range of powder as Paul is suggesting.

I personally pay no creadence to ft/lbs.

Good luck and enjoy :thumbsup:

Brits.

I put a pile of powder and shot down her tubes today and I think I've come up with a pretty good load. I was shooting at twenty five yards and the best load I came up with was;
100 gr. fg
1 1/8" fiber wad
1 thin overshot card wad
1 5/8 on. # 6
1 1/8" fiber wad.

I tried more and less powder and every type of wad arrangement that I could with the stuff I have now . It seemed the more wads I put in the worse the results but the card wad oner the fiber wad made a huge difference.I fired three shots with each and this one put 127,133 and 144 pellets in a ten inch circle at twenty five yards. The one bad thing I noticed was that this gun seems to shoot about a foot low,I guess that isn't too bad as long as I remember that when a tom is in my sights.

I also opened up the nipples a bit. I'll see if they work better on my next range day. It seems to misfire on the fire shot which is not good for a turkey hunt. Thanks for all you help guys, it is much appreciated! :hatsoff:

Goose smasher

Latest posts

Back