• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1858 New Army Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have to add to this is I've seen the images from the Florida guys. Quite impressive!

I took my Walker hunting semi-wild Pig last April. Used a 225 grain Lee conical from soft lead. Set it on top of 52 grains of 3Fg Goex. I got in close enough for a 20 yard shot broadside. Conical went through BOTH lungs on a 280+ pound Pig (she weighed-in at 239 after field dressing & skinning)! A one-shot STOP; the Pig merely fell-over sideways. Brought the 3rd Model Dragoon as a back-up (loaded with round ball). I was the second in our hunting party of eight to require only ONE projectile.

Revolver hunting is like bow hunting. Slow, steady, determined, and most of all accurate! These smokewagons loaded with conicals will do the deed quite well! Take it from me, as I'm still eatin' off the end result, lol!

Dave
Shootist

Back