• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Dove

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
The 1st time I ever shot at one I connected.Then again on the 8th shot.What a challenge!Load was 70 grs of FFg and 1 1/4oz of #71/2.

4980540117_c9e00fe4fe.jpg

Way to go, 410er. :thumbsup: For me, bagging my first dove and pheasant with a ML was like doing it as a kid for the first time.

GW

good stuff 410er

never hunted dove before what's the average take for a meal?

how do you all cook them? :thumbsup:

Absolutely one of my favorite wild game meals and doves are dead easy to clean. Me and my son can go through 2 limits really quick, I pop the breast and he does the fine work, pick feathers out of shot holes and that sort of thing.

I bone out the breast which will give you 2 dove nuggets, double batter and deep fry, use a little ketchup mixed with tobasco for dipping and it is finger lickin. Gotta be careful not to overcook them I like mine a bit on the rare side.

410er congrats, I warn you it gets very addictive. :thumbsup:

hawk2
Our limit is 15 per day.
If you like liver you will love dove. It has a mild liver taste.
They are good cooked on a grill,in soup,fried or cooked in a pot pie with veggies. My favorite in a dutch oven with dumplins.

Latest posts

Back