• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2 barrel flintlock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNflintlock

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was in Charleston this summer and so a flintlock pistol with 2 barrels set up like an overunder shotgun. Both barrels had flintlocks and frizzens. The display dated it to the mid/late 1700's. That was all the info they had onit. Has anyone else seen anything like this and does anyone know the history (when/where/who) of these type of pistols? Thanks.

does anyone know the history (when/where/who) of these type of pistols? Thanks.

Hi TNFlintlock

The reason you're not getting a lot of replies is that they aren't exactly uncommon and the system predates flint. So the when is from the beginning until flinlocks went out of fashion around 1830, the where is everywhere they made guns and the who is every gunmaker ever offered money to build one.

They are fun though and two locks were later dumped in favor of a swivel breech and then a tap arrangement to decide which barrel fired. Two locks would agree with the mid 1700's date.

best regards

Squire Robin

Edit: Forgot my name :crackup:

Yeah very similar to that, the same basic set up I believe. I have been looking around and I think they are being called swivel barrels.?

Latest posts

Back