• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

20 guage load question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops. Thanks for catching my TYPO.Here I thought I was helping out, and then I didn't even catch my own. That is what friends are for, I guess. Thanks again for catching it. You are correct. You would order an 11 gauge wad if your 12 ga. bore was orversized. And, I might add, that is not likely to be as unusual these days as it may have been 20 years ago.

Many of the modern gun companies are ordering barrels that are oversized- up to 10 gauge- and the same barrel makers are selling barrel stock to muzzle loading gun makers. We are almost too small an industry as a whole for manufacturers to offer slight differences in bore diameters for one sport or another. And, if they aren't shooters, they really don't care enough to do quality control assurances. They have a monopoly on the source of barrel stock. Keep that tapered barrel gauge that you find at Dixie, or TOTW, handy, whenever you are buying a shotgun barrel.

I do not normally point out anyones error because I sure make enough of them myself but I saw what you had done and I thought It was funny. I have the same problem with fish hooks, the larger the number the smaller the hook. I like funny and friendly.
Billy

The last man that didn't make a mistake was hung on a cross. Leave me make my mistakes, and pray I have friends like you to catch them. Thanks again.

Back