• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 'll. Try the shoulder/arm placement
And I have recut my patches to 3/4 in
Diameter. And I am swabbing between each shot and I'll be shooting
From a table with a adjustable front rest. And I'll collect patches I'm not
Exactly understanding how the crescent effects. Windage
My elevation is dead on. Windage
That's is to the right. 2- 1/4. In
Thanks ETipp, I was waiting for
Your reply on my first round of
Site in.
Ed nailed er right on the button with stock placement. And when shooting from the bench, angle your torso as if you were holding it across you out body, not a square 90 degrees. With that stock design, it will give better sight alignment holding the stock between your bicep and armpit.

Ed nailed er right on the button with stock placement. And when shooting from the bench, angle your torso as if you were holding it across you out body, not a square 90 degrees. With that stock design, it will give better sight alignment holding the stock between your bicep and armpit.
Will do, I plan to shoot this afternoon. I'll get it, may take
Some trail and error. And thanks
Men for all info.

Well fellers I finally had the chance to hit the woods for a bit this morning. Beautiful day to be in the squirrel woods. But unfortunately nobody told the squirrels... I did see two. One was on a limb about two feet off the ground maybe 20 feet in front of me. Was getting ready to shoot and he turned and ran into some brush never to be seen again. The other was high up in the leaves and I never saw him clear enough to take the shot. In this area it is very unusual to only see two. It's the kind of place where you always expect to get shots at several unless it is too windy. Nonetheless it was great to be back in the woods after a year of no hunting. I needed that. Can't wait to get back out there.

Attachments

• IMG_20241028_111458829.jpg
    IMG_20241028_111458829.jpg
    6.5 MB
Well fellers I finally had the chance to hit the woods for a bit this morning. Beautiful day to be in the squirrel woods. But unfortunately nobody told the squirrels... I did see two. One was on a limb about two feet off the ground maybe 20 feet in front of me. Was getting ready to shoot and he turned and ran into some brush never to be seen again. The other was high up in the leaves and I never saw him clear enough to take the shot. In this area it is very unusual to only see two. It's the kind of place where you always expect to get shots at several unless it is too windy. Nonetheless it was great to be back in the woods after a year of no hunting. I needed that. Can't wait to get back out there.
Glad you were able to get out, Tim.

Back