• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Methinks ol Ed would be hard to do a mount for. He tends to decapitate them. Wonder how hard it would be to mount a new head on a squirrel 🤔🤣
I think Mr. JimK would not be a happy taxidermists if I were to send him a squirrel to mount. Most likely it would consists of an overnight package containing three pieces of squirrels. It would take a lot of sewing. However, for the decapitated ones, I would think that some Bondo and a few pieces of hide from another critter might do the trick. He would have to get a little creative, and it would no doubt take a fair amount of sanding and sandpaper, but I'm sure our buddy JimK could pull it off.

I doubt he would accept another package from me after that. Most likely one of those "Return to sender" packages. :)

Last edited:
I think Mr. JimK would not be a happy taxidermists if I were to send him a squirrel to mount. Most likely it would consists of an overnight package containing three pieces of squirrels. It would take a lot of sewing. However, for the decapitated ones, I would think that some Bondo and a few pieces of hide from another critter might do the trick. He would have to get a little creative, and it would no doubt take a fair amount of sanding and sandpaper, but I'm sure our buddy JimK could pull it off.

I doubt he would accept another package from me after that. Most likely one of those "Return to sender" packages. :)
Maybe he can mount it with a big ol pig nut in its mouth to cover up half it's face gone.

Hope PETA isn't reading this. If so, I'm probably going in the "Hat".🤣

Well I tell ya, it ain't easy hitting the tip of those tails. I still can't figure out what goes wrong?
Like ya said, their twitchy! 🤣

Not may places where you can shoot them jitterbugs where you aren't losing half the groceries. I really get salty when I ruin a back leg or the saddle meat.

You should see some of the stuff I get in🙄. Some people shouldn’t be allowed to have knives!!!
I can imagine Jim. I watched my cousin, yeah, that one, DS, "cape" a decent buck once instead of paying the extra I think at the time $10 (he could afford it). Had to walk away. I think guys in your profession are better with needles and thread than surgeons.

You should see some of the stuff I get in🙄. Some people shouldn’t be allowed to have knives!!!

I've seen a few mounts where guys forget the shoulders..

I had help caping mine at the time. we caped basically the whole deer. Tubed the legs also...

You skin mount fish or.... I've had a few trout done. Those are nice.

I’ll say this. Since our Kentucky Rondi got postponed, if the weather is decent I’m heading to northern PA and sleep in my truck for a few days. Im on the hunt for a black squirrel.

Don’t hate me fellas but I’ll have my best .22 with me. And I’ll be aiming for the lungs.

Ha, if I see one I’ll probably get squirrel fever and miss!

I seen a young doe that was jet black. That was cool.

It did look younge. Kinda just crossed the trail and that was it. You know looking down a trail awhile and..it just hop across it.

That was in Maine.

I’ll say this. Since our Kentucky Rondi got postponed, if the weather is decent I’m heading to northern PA and sleep in my truck for a few days. Im on the hunt for a black squirrel.

Don’t hate me fellas but I’ll have my best .22 with me. And I’ll be aiming for the lungs.

Ha, if I see one I’ll probably get squirrel fever and miss!
Come shoot this one Jim. It has invaded my sacred amber liquid altar! Just don't miss.

My wife's idea of a joke.

Attachments

• IMG_20240919_191316362.jpg
    IMG_20240919_191316362.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back