• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 spot, I'm shooting the .50 (1/2") tall sights. I had to do a fair amount of filing on the dovetails to get them to fit my Crockett and my GPR. Completely doable. This will give you the additional height needed for your peep.

FWIW, on my last order I got a little larger aperture on my last Tom Hawks peep. Its okay and helped me before due to bad vision. After my next eye surgery on 10-10, I'll revaluate that aperture. If all is well, I will most likely want to go back to a little smaller size again for squirrel hunting. Just have to wait and see..........literally.
ETipp, thanks for the info, I'm off work all this week, due to the storm
My company, is having supplier issues, due to the storm, it tore up
Jack in western NC, and in SC, where
Thomas built buses gets there bus
Chassis from, and other vendors.
So I've got rear of the week to tinker
Hope you heal up well and your vision returns to(sharp.as.a hawk)
My vision with glasses is nothing to
Brag about, that's why I'm trying new
Things to help me out. Thanks and happy hunting Tin Spot.

Reading this made me want to say, I'm 80 and was having problems seeing my sights. Last winter I decided to try fiber optics. I'm back in the game. Not HC but they work.
Griz,
you being back in the game is what counts. You do what you have to do to keep shooting muzzleloaders. I appreciate PC and HC. No way would I let anything like that keep me from shooting the guns I love.

Sir, I feel I'm not alone in saying
You Go For It . I'm glad for you.
It's your gun, it's your Life...

Keep Shooting 👍

10 spot, I'm shooting the .50 (1/2") tall sights. I had to do a fair amount of filing on the dovetails to get them to fit my Crockett and my GPR. Completely doable. This will give you the additional height needed for your peep.

FWIW, on my last order I got a little larger aperture on my last Tom Hawks peep. Its okay and helped me before due to bad vision. After my next eye surgery on 10-10, I'll revaluate that aperture. If all is well, I will most likely want to go back to a little smaller size again for squirrel hunting. Just have to wait and see..........literally.
ETipp I forgot to ask you, do you have you rear site still on your rifle?
Or did you remove it, when you added your peep?

Back