• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still behind on my deer hunting and I usually don’t take pictures of doe deer, but this is a first for my .54 GPR. It’s a start so maybe I can get back to doing some squirrel hunting, at least a little bit now that I can see a little better.

Pretty good size ole gal for these parts.
Way to go Ed. I’m glad you got one!

I’m still behind on my deer hunting and I usually don’t take pictures of doe deer, but this is a first for my .54 GPR. It’s a start so maybe I can get back to doing some squirrel hunting, at least a little bit now that I can see a little better.

Pretty good size ole gal for these parts.
Nice job on the doe Ed looks like a older deer with that long nose, she'll be good eaten.

1000002016.jpg

Finely got out with my S×S looking for squirrel and pheasant, walking on the edge of a corn field next to the trees. I had pheasants getting up 50 to 100 yards out but nothing closer, but I seen this guy trying to hide in the crotch of a cottonwood tree 70gr. 2f 1 1/8 ounce of number 5 shot works pretty good on squirrel. Got a shot on another one a couple hundred yards farther down, I know I hit him I could tell by the way he acted, but he crawled farther up and I couldn't see him. I sat for half an hour hoping to see some movement or anything else. I don't know if there is a den up there or he was laying in a crotch but either way I didn't get him.

Back