• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$240,00 Presentation Grade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
On another site there is the following new M/L for sale:

Presentation Grade Cased Longrifle, complete with all accessories, yours for only $240,000, yes that's only $10,000 off a quarter of a million.

The builder has over 6,000 hours of his time in it, 3,000 on the rifle and 3,000 on the case.

Makes a $2,000 rifle look affordable now.

RDE

Please tell me the site! I have my pen and checkbook right here beside me, just waiting.

3,000 hours on the rifle and 3,000 hours on the case. Does that include the time to grow the tree and mine the iron?

Just my opinion, but I think it will be a long time before anyone comes along willing to cough up that kind of money for that rifle. Last I looked, a Colonial Williamsburg rifle was running about 20,000. Of course you had to get in line to get one and wait about 7-10 years. There are guys on this forum that could build you a rifle just as nice or nicer and not charge you much more than say, 150,000! :grin:

Of course, there are people running around that can write a check for that amount and not even enter it into the ledger.

:hmm: It'd be kind of a shame to drag something like that around in the woods hunting................afterall that's what guns are for ain't they? :wink: :wink:

I guess Charelton didn't like it enough to buy it though. :rotf: Surely that is a misprint......or the guy is so attached to it he doesn't want to take any chance of selling it even though his wife told him to. :hmm:

But wait, theres more. If you call now and are one of the first 8 callers, we will double your order! thats right, you get 2, count them, 2 presentation grade rifles and carrying cases for the low, low price of 240,000. that can be billed to you in 40 "easy" payments of only $6000.! + shipping and handling of 6.95.
Order today and we will even include our very own hand cast round balls and prelubed patches, an added value of 49.99! all this for only $240,000.00!!!
Call Now! operators are standing by!

If I wrote a check for that much, I wouldn't enter into the ledger either. Of course my reason is I'd be dead after my wife saw it. :rotf: :blah: :thumbsup:

I'd buy it, but it wouldn't even impress my other millionaire friends unless it has a gold patchbox.

I wouldn't enter the check in the ledger either, I don't think they allow you to have sharp objects. But i guess I could use my lady friends checkbook. :rotf:

I'm just glad it's not on an auction site. I know as soon as I bid on it, you all would bid it way out of sight.

brett sr said:
But wait, theres more. If you call now and are one of the first 8 callers, we will double your order! thats right, you get 2, count them, 2 presentation grade rifles and carrying cases for the low, low price of 240,000. that can be billed to you in 40 "easy" payments of only $6000.! + shipping and handling of 6.95.
Order today and we will even include our very own hand cast round balls and prelubed patches, an added value of 49.99! all this for only $240,000.00!!!
Call Now! operators are standing by!

Added Disclaimer: DO NOT TAKE DELIVERY IF YOU HAVE LIVER AILMENTS, PREGNANT OR PLANNING ON BECOMING PRAGNANT OR YOU ARE TAKING PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS FOR HEART PROBLEMS....DO NOT DRIVE WHILE LOADING AND CONSULT AN UNDERTAKER IN THE CASE OF DEATH!

I maker of this rifle sent me the following email.

I've included my response.

Hi Claude,

It has come to my attention that my cased longrifle, which is presently listed on the CLA site, and it's maker are being "belittled" and "mocked" on your muzzle loading forum. I have read the comments for myself and find it hard to understand why someone would choose to say such things. Is it jealousy or an attempt to bolster one's ego? I am not sure. In any case I invite anyone to take the time to examine the gun and accessories personally and then be critical in my presence. I think that such an exercise would produce a different response than that which was exhibited on your forum! On the other hand maybe I should consider these negative comments free advertising!!?? The cased set will be on display in Jan. at the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show. I will lay odds that not one of these critics will have the intestinal fortitude to attend the show and see the project for themselves! Please feel free to post this response on the forum if you wish.

Sincerely, Hugh Toenjes

----------------------------

Mr. Toenjes,

I saw the post in question, but did not read it myself, as it didn't interest me. I will take a look at it now, but unless someone has libeled you on my Forum, it's just people voicing their opinion.

Claude

Latest posts

Back