• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 cal barrel for Lyman Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you find one please report back! I want a small game barrel for my Deerstalker.

One option might be to have a barrel lined for your caliber of choice.

I do know that Rice will make one in 15/16" that you'll need finished up.

Collerain maybe?

Is one available "off the shelf", no, Lyman does not produce one.

Can you have one built?

Absolutely - Stonewall Creek and The Gun Works (Oregon barrel) will make you one for about 350 bucks (that's a "drop in" barrel that still needs to be blued or browned, but ready to go)

Careful what you wish for. Back in the day they were available for TC's, and my hunting pard picked one up.

Accurate as a snake bite and fun to shoot. But it weighed so much it should have come with wheels for field carry. It made exactly one hunting trip, then spent the rest of its life on the range. Bud parted with it to another guy who just had to have one..... Range queen for him too, so he parted with it..... Next owner is yet to hunt with it....

Have you heard or do you have experience with these custom made drop in barrels from Stonewall?

Thanks so much for the information.

One reason why I've actually considered a .40 cal likely better with the intentions of using .380" RB's since I want a Colt Police thinking they could share projectiles as I'd hate to find I brought the wrong ones thinking they looked about right (I am meticulous about marking things and such but it would make me feel better regardless), and hoping a thick enough patch would work.

But which ever way I'd go I'd likely have it as a short barrel (18-20") and possibly octagon to round or such to help reduce weight. Stock they claim a weight of ~7.5 lbs.

But I've also been eyeing the Traditions Crockett in .32.

Back