• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Maxi ball ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some cast 32 maxi balls for sale in a catalog a while ago. Think it was either Track of the Wolf or RMC.

I don't think I would go to the expense of buying a mould until I tried some to see how the rifle likes them.

You are right...I will try some first. But I still cant find a mold for sale anyway...
It seems that nobody else knows who sells a mold either.

not trying to be a smart a$$, but if you want a little heaver bullit why not go with a 36 cal.???

rubincam said:
not trying to be a smart a$$, but if you want a little heaver bullit why not go with a 36 cal.???

'cause he already has a 32. :blah:

A heavier slug with heavier powder charges can extend the versatility of any ML rifle.

A 110 gr maxie in front of 40-50 gr FFFG is one hot momma, approaching the 32-40 in power and range. A .32 RB in front of 10-15 gr FFFG would be roughly equivalent to a .22LR.

J.D.

J.D. said:
You got that right. He became down right belligerant when I told him I was shooting a petersoli.

Dangit, if he'd start selling those nice underhammers again, maybe we wouldn't hafta be shooting them out of Crocketts and Pedersolis! :)

i have about 500

115gr cast bullets (cant remember who made them) but I originaly bought for a 32-20 i had. They fall in around .311 dia. and with a .15 patch they are very tight but really print well out of my cva squirrel rifle. Id say up to 50 yard would do the number on deer. never tried never will but i believe it would. :grin:

howdydoit said:
i have about 500 115gr cast bullets (cant remember who made them) but I originaly bought for a 32-20 i had. They fall in around .311 dia. and with a .15 patch they are very tight but really print well out of my cva squirrel rifle.

Your post jogged my memory. I bought a coupla hundred .311 cast bullets many years ago and have most of them left. I might try a few in the flintgun, just to see if they shoot...other than just going bang. :hmm:

I also have BUNCH of cast bullets for a .32 special. I think they mic .321, but they might work with a thin patch...or maybe with a paper patch. They are probably too long and heavy for the rate of twist in the petersoli, but it would still be fun to try 'em out.

What powder charge do you use with the .311 bullets?

Thanks
J.D.

i use around 30 to 40. Mostly just to use the little bullets. Might try them on yote tho. I definately wouldnt go over 45gr the rifle may take it but why push it.

have fun.

Back