• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Maxi ball ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a .32 maxi
mold? or do they really exist? I would like to try them in my .32 Crockett even though it does just fine with a pbr. any replies much appreceiated!

I shot some of them out of my Crockett and they did ok, but not nearly as accurate as a rd ball. You can orcdr some to try from Bruce at Blue Grouse. Just don't tell him that you are shooting them out of a Crockett.

Does Bruce of Blue Grouse have a website?
My friend is looking for a .32 maxi bullet for his rifle.

thanks in advance

just tried that website and its a lake hideaway.

you can rent cabins on the lake.

I didn't see anything about shooting.

if someone knows a email or a different address please post it.

thanks

This is the link you're looking for:
[url] http://www.underhammers.com/blackpowderbullets.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Reb...I just looked at the site. The maxi balls are only 3 cents each ( without shipping charge). They weigh 110 gr. That would mean they will hit with more energy than a round ball.
I am gonna order some and check out the accuracy....might come in handy for yotes!

That was what i had in mind for them when i tried them. I only ever shot one coyote with my Crockett. He was between 150=160 yds as close as we could tell by two of us pacing it off afterwards. Lot of luck involved in the shot. I wouldn't shoot at anything else at that distance, but i don't like coyotes. Hit him right in the ear with a rd ball over 35 grs of Pyrodex P and he dropped and never moved. That little .32 cal rd ball has more uuummph than people give them credit for.

I think he uses a saeco 6 or 8 cavity mould I ordered some have to shoot them soon. they were cast well. I plan to order some roundballs for a green mountain 62 cal smoothbore I figure a 60 cal since I was told the barrel is really only 61 cal. shoot it with a pillow ticking patch.

TC 32 maxi molds come up for sale on Ebay and some of the gun sites from time to time. Usually go for a fairly stiff price though. I have 2 of them and that's where I found mine.

I gotta get me one of them Crocketts. Cabelas had them when I didn't have any money, then I got some money and Cabelas didn't have them. At least I got to feel the one they did have. It's dead on when ya shoulder it. I've got the CVA Squirrel .32 and it just don't fit me. I shoot round balls and make my own. Pahaska

Wonder how 32 cal SWC would work?Diameter is .311-.314 depending on what it's for.Weight is 90 grs.

In the spirit of the MLF rules, please keep offers to sell in the Classified Ad section of the forum.
Also, if you want to post non post related things like "I sure would like to sell the Buick and send you the money for that two handed slingshot!" use our "Private Topic" system where you click on the recipients name in the left hand box, then select "start a Private Topic". It's about in the upper middle of the page.

Thanks
zonie :)

Rebel said:
You can orcdr some to try from Bruce at Blue Grouse. Just don't tell him that you are shooting them out of a Crockett.

You got that right. He became down right belligerant when I told him I was shooting a petersoli.

Latest posts

Back