• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 t/c cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainiac

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello, ive been lurking for awhile,and have not posted as of yet. Been shooting a t/c cherokee in .32 and having a great time! Ive shot hundreds of balls,and have got it shooting under .5 inch at 25 yards,and around 1.5 inches at 100. If you folks are intrested i could share some of my findings. I shot center fire benchrest for years, and then went to cast bullet handguns and rifles, and now i seem to be hung up on smoke-poles. Whats next, sling shots,or green apples on sticks? Dont know what happened to me, but i now enjoy the simpler things in life, and my .32 and .50 muzzle guns are perfect for me as of now.

mainiac: Welcom to the Forum and thank you for posting! :)

What's happened to you?
Well, if your like most of us you have found that shooting muzzleloaders is a enjoyable challenge that most modern guns can't match at a cost that is hard to beat.
Sure, you can spend thousands of dollars for a nice Custom made gun but it really isn't required for a gun which can compete with the best.

I think using a muzzleloader is a more relaxed way of shooting.
Cranking a cartridge thru the action, aiming and firing shot after shot really doesn't relieve the stress but measuring and pouring the powder, patching the ball and ramming it home between shots gives a person a moment to relax and enjoy the surroundings as well as think about the last shot and what is needed for the next one.

You didn't mention it, but I think shooting these old fashioned traditional guns also allows us to touch the past. To learn what our forefathers knew and even to compete (if only in our imaginations) with them.

Sure, we would like you to tell us your findings and what you are doing to get the fine groups your enjoying. This muzzleloading is a never ending search for more knowledge, and indeed, that is the whole reason this site exists.

Hope to hear more from you. :)
zonie :)

Got one of those 32 Cherokee also.I thought the 22 rimfire was fun for squirrels.This is now my baby.....till I get a flinter in one.What ya usin?

When T/C made their Cherokee & Seneca rifles, in .32 nad .36 respectively, they cut the rifling at a fast 1-30" twist. Normally this would be too fast for patched balls but is just the ticket for small bores. The .32 will shoot accurately with as little as 10 grains of FFFg...that's 700 shots to a pound of powder. 30 grains is probably the best hunting load but they will do well for upper body shots on wild turkey with 40 grains of FFFg.

Congrats on good shooting and a fine little rifle--IMHO, the Cherokee was TCs best rifle ever and it saddened me to see it discontinued. I wish I had bought one back in the day, but was rifle poor...

Back