• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.44 Peitta PC pistol confusion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmel

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Little confused on the model

I have looked at a lot of pics of the various .44 Piettas out there, and all look slightly different than mine (See pics)

Can anyone give the exact model?

By the way, in the box, never fired, $200 at a local estate sale!

It is an extremly gorgeous piece. Pics dont do it justice

And dont laugh at my socks in sandals. I was in a hurry to run outside and take the pics

Attachments

• Pistol 1.jpg
    Pistol 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • PISTOL 2.jpg
    PISTOL 2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PISTOL 3.jpg
    PISTOL 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
You certainly got a good deal. The revolver is copied from the Colt 1851 Navy. If yours is a .44 that's great but not standard on the original Colt 1851's. Can't tell if its stainless or just highly polished. Either way for $200 its very nice!

Little confused on the model

I have looked at a lot of pics of the various .44 Piettas out there, and all look slightly different than mine (See pics)

Can anyone give the exact model?

By the way, in the box, never fired, $200 at a local estate sale!

It is an extremly gorgeous piece. Pics dont do it justice

And dont laugh at my socks in sandals. I was in a hurry to run outside and take the pics
What you have is a polished steel Pietta Dance & Brothers replica which was indeed made in. 44 cal during the War of Northern Aggression. Though I believe a few .36's may have been produced too. A classic Texas contribution to the war effort. Though my powers of observation didn't help much. But if it turns out to be stainless I'll really be shocked as I've never heard of such.

Last edited:
Thanks: I get what pistol it copies historically, but what model does Pietta list it as?

I beleive its stainless, not polished metal Anyone know how to tell the dif?

The front site is brass, kind of a neat detail. You shpuld see this thing in person Its a really beautiful weapon.

Opps Saw it here as: "What you have is a polished steel Pietta Dance & Brothers replica"

Does Pietta even carry it anymore? None on thier website

Cut paste form your link
  • 8" Old Silver barrel What does that mean? )Interior of the baerrel is just as bright)
  • Steel Frame
  • 44 cal

I beleive its stainless, not polished metal Anyone know how to tell the dif?

Stainless steel won't take a magnet like carbon steel does....

The Pietta label was: "1862 Dance Old Silver .44"

Last edited:
It is not Stainless

Pietta made the "Old Silver " line, they were polished carbon steel. Still neat guns, my friend has an Old Silver '51 Navy.

Pietta may still make the Old Silver Navy and 60 Army but the Dance most likely got dropped from the lineup.

Back