• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 Cal Shot Placement

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you take your guns and loads and go hunt with Ron. New England/East Coast tradition is fine, but there's a reason it got left behind when hungry folks moved out onto the plains with the move across the Missouri and Mississippi.

Lewis and Clark had lots to say about their hungry times. I'm betting Ron lives within 100 miles of the L&C route, and smack dab in the middle of their hungry times. And smack dab in the middle of the area where round balls got left behind just as quickly as conicals could replace them. There are references to use of "1-inch long" conicals in Hawken rifles in New Mexico as early as 1834, if memory serves. I don't see anything the least bit untraditional about conicals out West, any more than pillow ticking, burned Altoid boxes and loading blocks are "traditional."

Claude said:
Idaho Ron said:
Does it go both ways? Is it required that moderators show respect? It seems like any time I post about a conical he is right there saying my stuff is not allowed but it is and you have said so before.
The comment about the centerfire was a disrespectful comment not a comparison. FTIW
The best way to keep things from escalating is for members to report to me anything they have a problem with.

Click this icon to report a specific post:
ReportIcon.jpg

Well from his post I guess you don't see the posts that I have reported on your Moderator. I don't see where reporting is doing any good at all.

Stumpkiller said:
So what is your problem? I'm not allowed an opinion just because I am the moderator. Won't happen. It's not like I do this to earn grocery money. I do this because I am here to encourage traditional muzzleloading - especially hunting with traditional muzzleloaders. That's my reward.

Your opinions always ends up being an attack on me and my choice of "traditional" guns and loads. You have been doing it for a long time and I am tired of it. You have your opinion but they aren't worth any more than mine.

Stumpkiller said:
My job here is to encourage traditional muzzleloading. That is the focus and intent of this website/forum, like it or not. I make a distinction between traditional muzzleloading and just any firearm that's loaded from the muzzle.

It seems you're trying to make your personal opinions the new "rule" not everyone is backing you on that.

Stumpkiller said:
Just because there is no specific rule against something does not mean we have to swallow it and smile.

SO you can personally attack people because you are the moderator and you don't have to "swallow" it?

Stumpkiller said:
Like when you reported my own post to me: it may seem I follow you around - that is because I get e-mails to home when forum members use the "report post" feature here. Don't begin to think everyone here but me finds you all rosy, warm and fuzzy.

What you think of me makes no difference to me. Who else that is in your club makes no difference to me. What I find appalling is your attitude to me and anyone that uses gear that is approved by the rules but unapproved by you. It appears that since you're the moderator that can remove reports on you it is kind of worthless to turn you in.

Stumpkiller said:
They just know the mechanism to complain is what Claude mentions above and not to throw a tantrum on the thread for an audience.

How is reporting you to you the "mechanism" to complain?
I am the one that gets in trouble but you make it a point to personally go after me. Just for your own Knowledge there are plenty of guys that don't find you warm and fuzzy either. Oh wait, did repeating what you said mean I am attacking you? I guess I will be in trouble again.

BrownBear said:
I suggest you take your guns and loads and go hunt with Ron. New England/East Coast tradition is fine, but there's a reason it got left behind when hungry folks moved out onto the plains with the move across the Missouri and Mississippi.

Lewis and Clark had lots to say about their hungry times. I'm betting Ron lives within 100 miles of the L&C route, and smack dab in the middle of their hungry times. And smack dab in the middle of the area where round balls got left behind just as quickly as conicals could replace them. There are references to use of "1-inch long" conicals in Hawken rifles in New Mexico as early as 1834, if memory serves. I don't see anything the least bit untraditional about conicals out West, any more than pillow ticking, burned Altoid boxes and loading blocks are "traditional."

You my friend are welcome around my fire. It is funny that the forum can talk about tree stands and many other items that are not traditional but when it comes to my guns and loads I am the one that is the threat to "traditional" muzzleloading.

A .45 prb and 65grns of 3F will put even a large deer down for keeps. I killed then at 75 yards with this same load. Shoot for the heart/lung area.

BrownBear said:
New England/East Coast tradition is fine, but there's a reason it got left behind when hungry folks moved out onto the plains with the move across the Missouri and Mississippi.

Lewis and Clark had lots to say about their hungry times.

You mean that land Jefferson bought from the French where the Coureur des Bois and natives had been living for centuries (or millennia) before 1804? In fact, Sacajawea's husband was French/Canadian.

Vegetarians, I suppose.

Stumpkiller said:
BrownBear said:
New England/East Coast tradition is fine, but there's a reason it got left behind when hungry folks moved out onto the plains with the move across the Missouri and Mississippi.

Lewis and Clark had lots to say about their hungry times.

You mean that land Jefferson bought from the French where the Coureur des Bois and natives had been living for centuries (or millennia) before 1804? In fact, Sacajawea's husband was French/Canadian.

Vegetarians, I suppose.

That comment was disrespectful. It was also meant the demean and show him in poor light. I would report the post but you would get rid of it before anyone else could see it.

And possibly the BILLINGHURST RIFLES too,I have hunted the Eastern Forest for over 50yrs and have never seen any animal here as intimadating as some western big game,so I can just imagine what the Mountain Men felt when they first incountered them ,and there was to my reading some elongated bullets available and I bet some were used.

Idaho Ron said:
You my friend are welcome around my fire. It is funny that the forum can talk about tree stands and many other items that are not traditional but when it comes to my guns and loads I am the one that is the threat to "traditional" muzzleloading.

You most assuredly have a bullseye painted on your back. Funny it's not on your front....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back