• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of the older H&A underhammers.
One is the somewhat standard, 45 cal. with longer barrel ( 32" ).
The second is a buggy rifle, a little different, in as much as it does not have the typical action, but uses the barrel as the action frame, with trigger, hammer and springs inset in the rear portion of the barrel.
Almost exactly as the H&A boot pistol, but with a 20" barrel.
They are both great shooters.
The buggy rifle, I bought from Numrich Arms, in 1969.
Thank you for the information on the rifle that you have.
Please e-mail me should you wish to trade stories.
Best Regards
Old Ford

OK! can you put pics of you buggy up here, a lot of the guys havent seen that kind, Im trying to have one built by a member that posted a Pic on here maybe a month ago. Do stay in touch with us all(the guys you see on this site and other UH ones we got a good little group going Fred :hatsoff:

my mess up , two people that sell guns for years and are very active in NMLRA the last 25/30 yrs ask that right of " How did you get them to balance like that?"Im still trying to figure the getting pics from A to Z. Fred :hatsoff:

Wal knew youd like that, got lots more pics and tricks, would really like to see this other buggy rifle posted on here, seems H+A or Numrich made a few real fun ones My front sight tube is smaller than the bore, just the tube is ,about 3/8. All kidding aside I sit in the wheelchair and lift weights with my left arm, Im about the only one thar can hold that ? 11,12 lbs of 48" for more than a few seconds. I have a line in for H+A target that has a turnned muz for a starter(he has the starter) 42" 50 cal, and 2 different back screw in sights?!, dont know if Ill catch it he sure doesnt want to let it go , Im still working the rear sights and if our man who built the wood kind comes thru with a price I can afford we may have some org types on here soon I hope. the Hillard,Kendal type. Fred .(it shoots better than it looks, useing your load and John Hs teflon patches, its a much better than I can shoot rifle, and shot very little till I got it, I think itsjust getting broke in .) :hatsoff: Fred

Dang Fred!! That'd be just the thing fer moose. You prolly need to send it up here to Maine fer some "cold-weather testin'" :grin: :grin: I've been givin' some thought to gettin' Bruce to do me up a 10ga barrel fer mine.

Canerod

My 62 cal barrel for the H+A does a good job on most anything at 100 yds with 150 grs 2f, 1 1/8 by 30" barrel 1 x 70 twist. The crazy thing about the 48er is it will only take RBs or REALs, no other 45s fit. Fred :hatsoff:

I'm new to the picture takin stuff on the 'puter, but I'll take a stab at it tomorrow.
The original stock was not much to look at, and eventually cracked at the wrist, sooooo I made a new one out of cherry, with a Hawkin look.
With the peep sights it will keep all shots touching at 50 yds. and a group under 3" at a 100 yds., darn good in my books.
I'ts too bad some of the gun makers would not produce buggy rifles as some were made, it was quite a pass time in years gone by.
Catch you all tomorrow.
Best Regards.
Old Ford

You got my Vote on all that! We do have one , maybe its two guys on here that can build those, Im trying to get them to make my son one, I think we just have a Comunacation gap and its this time of the year, if youll go back a month or so and ck UH sites they put up a nice 58cal. Ya Im haveing :cursing: with the pics thing , Im new to PCs anyway, hope you can get yours up soon. Fred :hatsoff:

Back