• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62cal shooters in the MLF?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an .62 cal 1805 Pattern Infantry Rifle (Baker) reproduction built for my by Jess Melot (TRS).

I also have a .62 cal NW Trade Gun. (I got it with the hope that I could use the same balls in both guns. :) But as they say, "the best laid plans of mice and ...." :( it requires a .600 ball and the Baker uses a .610 ball. :surrender:

I am currently working with a local gun maker building a pair of .62 cal New Land Pattern Pistols. Not sure yet which ball they will use. Hopefully the .610 balls. :thumbsup:

I have a .62 smoothbore - New England (Conn. Valley) fowler (46" bbl) - with ball & shot. (My next gun is going to be a .75 cal. smoothbore, dog lock / club butt fowler.)

I'm stricken with MAS!
Muzzleloader Acquisition Syndrome!

I have a Renegade stock waitin' to get the .62 smoothie barrel back from GM.
Helicoil issue... :cursing:
Does that count?

I got the .62 smoothbore barrel in my Renagade Hunter so I could use it at a smoothbore only shoot and rondy coming up this month.I am feeling the "need" for another one coming on,say a tradegun...?

I have a .62 English Trade Gun smoothbore and a .62 cal rifled barrel on the bench right now being stocked as an early Jacob Dickert rifle.

Regards, Dave

.62 Virginia Rifle
.62 Tulle
.62 Canoe gun
.62 Jaeger (work in progress)

Probably should build somthin' else

Who am I kidding - Still need a Chambers Sporting rifle !

My wife and I have two long guns and one pistol.
A fowler from Jackie Brown 42" barrel
A North Star Cheife's grade trade gun 36"
and a Trade Pistol 10"
I got the North Star for myself and it was taken by my good wife for herself before I even got it home! I say "good wife" because she said I would just have to find something else for myself, hence the fowler.
TVG.

I'm in the process of picking out a 62 cal. Smoothbore French Fusil Kit. My Dad has a 62 cal. Penn. Fowler and a 62 cal. Rifle. Wish I had both! :thumbsup:

I have a .62 North Star trade gun...one of the Curly Gostomski ones, and also a .62 TVM fowler.

Caywood English Fusil Flint .62 smooth
Sharon half stock percussion hawken .62
TC Renegade flintlock, .62 smooth and .62 rifled barrels

Looks like the .62cal roll call has come to a halt.

Total to date = seventy-one .62cal long guns and four pistols

Most were smoothbores, some were rifled bores;

Most were traditional smoothbore firearms, some were "smooth rifle" drop in barrels;

:thumbsup:

I have a new .62/20ga fowler. I love it! It's big enough to be a decent shotgun and small enough to comfortably shot PRB.
Here is a Question: .62 seems quite popular, but have you noticed that accessories like bore brushes, and jags tend to range up to about .58, with little selection beyond that?

Latest posts

Back