• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62cal shooters in the MLF?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure do...here's some convenient .62cal pocket reloaders that can be made out of PVC pipe.

I use Oxyoke .018" prelubed pillow ticking patches, got them through The Possible Shop, a forum vendor.

Also, an excellent .62cal cast ball source is Eddie May down in Georgia...he travels to and sells at Friendship...cast balls are very consistent & accurate...priced very well too.

111206.jpg

I have a LH .62 longrifle, with a Caywood Wilson lock, Colerain 44" oct to round barrel, and hand forged furniture. Even has a rear site.

Latest update to the .62cal roll call is:
Seventy-seven .62cal long guns and four pistols

Most were smoothbores, some were rifled bores;

Most were traditional smoothbore firearms, some were "smooth rifle" drop in barrels;

I have two 62 smoothbores. One is a Brian Turner fowler and the other is a TC Hawken with an old drop in 28 inch Sharon percussion barrel.

I picked up a used .62 NW trade gun(smooth bore) a few weeks ago. My first flintlock. What a blast to shoot.

H. Hale

It looks like you can add another one - I am ordering/getting one from a maker this weekend - it will be a 62 cal fowler - so that will include another.

add another. I've got a T/C hawken flinter with a .62 cal GM barrel.had to get one after reading all of rounball's posts. :hatsoff:

OK...up to eighty-three .62cal long guns...be a hoot if we hit 100!

OK, listen up...we need 17 members to run out and buy .62cals !
:grin:

Alright, I have a .62 smooth bore that FW sent me a year or so ago. I think it was about 28" or so. I can't recall. I just haven't fired it yet. :thumbsup:

I forgot......add to my other 62s the MVT 62/20 twin barrel hand cannon, this is a real blast ( and we are talking fireball blast along with just plain fun , I know why the Yanks ran when Terrys Texas Rangers rode up with something like thiin the CW, Id FLY not run...) :rotf: Fred :hatsoff: Oh Ive been in the hospital to long Ive got a 62/36" rifle barrel to drop into a Hawken also thats 1 and 1.

I am having TVM make me a custom 0.62 cal rifle, 44 inch swamped Rice barrel, early VA style.

Cannot wait until it's completed!

Doc

With regard to Eddie May (a swell guy to deal with) be advised that he casts 600 balls but not 595, if you are so inclined. Too bad,say I! Good smoke, Ron in Fl (one 62 in hand and one on the way from Jackie brown)

Roundball:

I own two .62 smoothbores. A Matchlock Arquebus and a colonial Dutch Doglock.

I also have a Wheellock Arquebus on order from Leonard Day.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

I have a couple as well.
A matchlock
An Early flintlock
An Arquebus
A pole mounted gonne
A hacenbush style gonne

All are .62 and smoothbore.

Sorry I have been away for a few days--I had two .62s but sold one recently, leaving me with a Narragansett Arms Tulle fusil de chasse in .62.

Latest posts

Back