• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

90 grain power measure antler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Round it off a little and thin it down and they work great.

Measure 2.jpg

Thanks. I had a lot more, but I gave some away, traded some, and even sold a couple. These are about all that is left.

With shots on squirrels I use from 20 to 30 grains in the .32 and .36. These two measures actually satisfy the two kinds of hunting I've normally done; that being small game (.32/.36) and bigger critters (.45 and up). The larger ones is 60 grains with the smaller being 30 grains.

That's some vicious squirrels if you need 90 grains (or even 60) of powder to dispatch them.
🤣 Fer sure. I've made many powder measures from antler. Simple and fun projects that get compliments even when made by a non-skilled clutz like me. Many are made as 'half charges' allowing use of smaller antlers. Reportedly, the original old timers used half charges for everyday shooting and full charges only for serious matters. BTW, I've always wondered how they doubled their load when an angry grizzly was coming at them. 😉

Back