• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Day at the Range with .36 Tennessee Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First day out with the .36 flinter. First, a big THANK YOU to all who have helped me make the transition to flintlocks :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:.

It was 95 degrees and muggy. Barrel was heating up but I took my time. Shadowmaker has such fast ignition the Range Officer said it sounded like a percussion. Used the same flint and it fired instantaneously for about 25 shots, then I touched the flint up. Remembered Roundball's advice about wiping flint between shots :thumbsup: After some filing, shooting, and more filing it was getting closer to correct elevation at 50 yards- horizontal is perfect! Denim and pillow ticking seemed equally good. Shot multiple times with ease using Birddog6's Liquid Lube.

After 3 hrs. of shooting off the bench, decided to try it offhand. Boy, do I need to practice :haha: But remembering Stumpy's Offhand Seminar I took my time, worked on feet placement and holding through, and only filled about 1/3 of the flashpan with 4f, away from the touchhole. Got 4 out of 6 (or 7) in the black, the last shot hitting the orange sticky :D

Ain't nothin' like shooting flintlocks :winking:

Glad it is all coming together for you ! Now you need a .40, .50. .54, .58 & a .62 flinter !! ha ha !

:crackup:

Well, the .54 is under construction, but as I told my wife and brother, "then I'm done, that's it for me!" :winking: Yea right, they didn't believe me either :haha:

Ain't nothin' like shooting flintlocks :winking:

Amen, Brother! :master:

Glad to hear it is going well for you. I'm pretty new myself and having a great time at it.

OK guys and gals. I have been shooting percussion for 30 years. I have one more to build-a .40-then I will have percussions in all common calibers from .32 to .54. After that, I will start with flintlocks. Just because so many people here swear by them. I have decided that I will never have enough muzzle loaders! And it is all because of the people on this forum! See what you have done? You have caused me to want more and more and more and...... :crackup: :m2c: :thanks:

But remembering Stumpy's Offhand Seminar I took my time, worked on feet placement and holding through, and only filled about 1/3 of the flashpan with 4f, away from the touchhole. Got 4 out of 6 (or 7) in the black, the last shot hitting the orange sticky

Empty your mind, young Flintstriker, or the evil thoughts will outside the dark circle put you.

001179.jpg

Soon as out of palm do stupid rammer get, teach you more flintlock shooting, will I.

May the flint be with you.

But remembering Stumpy's Offhand Seminar I took my time, worked on feet placement and holding through, and only filled about 1/3 of the flashpan with 4f, away from the touchhole. Got 4 out of 6 (or 7) in the black, the last shot hitting the orange sticky

Soon as out of palm do stupid rammer get, teach you more flintlock shooting, will I.

Am I to believe that you had a ramrod break off in your hand, Master Flinter?? ::

Birddog, ya left out him getting a .75, 4 bore and 8 bore., and .32. Then he can start on smoothies, and one each in percussin and flint. And the affliction continues on! :crackup: Bill

Back