• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A good day hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Eutycus!

Hope you are well this weekend.

The rifle in my first pic is a .54 calibre. The photo with the tiny pig is a .62 calibre. (If you shoot em in the ear you don’t have that big a mess to deal with!).

Round ball. Have even been known on occasion to shoot buck and ball or straight buckshot when toting a smoothbore.

Over 35 years of chasing wild hogs I figure I’ve killed the lion’s share with a .490 RB and 70 grains of FFFG. I honestly have no clue how many pigs I’ve killed total.

I taking this upon myself and hoping Mr. Einsiedler won't mind my "borrowing" the tail end of his post to make an announcement. I was going to send him a picture of myself since I now know what he looks like.
I noticed the picture of me had a light blue bracelet on. The blue stands for prostate cancer like the red ribbon stands for breast cancer. A Year ago I found out that I had Prostate cancer. It was detected early and now after a few treatments I'm almost as good as new or will be in the near future (I hope).
The point of this post is that in order
to keep enjoying any sport such as hunting one must take care of the old body. There are many men roughly my age and I'm pleading with you gentlemen to have regular checkups and PSA tests. It may sound corny but that life you save may be your own.
If I'm out of place , I apologize to both Einsiedler for using his post and Zonie if this is too "Modern" a subject. By saving yourself arent you also saving our Sport?

No apologies necessary here! And congrats!!!!!!!

Sorry for poor pic. But here are the ribs a good loin and a piece of butt roast I prepared today.

I ended up taking most of it to the Assisted Living home this evening where my wife is. All enjoyed the "pigcicles".

Wrapping up a south Texas getaway hunt right now. CleanIng up the cabin. I was here for pigs. The pigs were slim. I saw one friday evening and after hunting all day in the drizzle ( and periodically changing my prime) I still had the mother of all hangfires when I did try a shot. And I knew it would happen. Oh well. That’s why it’s called hunting.

I did see lots of critters. Passed up three nice bucks. Just didn’t wanna shoot one. They were pretty. And had the dream shot on a nilgai bull who just stood there at 75 yds staring at me. I suppose he knew he was safe as the last thing I wanted to deal with was his 800+ pound carcass. Saw a few javelinas and bobcat too.

I had a great time. Ate well, enjoyed my pipe, and slept good!!!!

E

Wrapping up a south Texas getaway hunt right now. CleanIng up the cabin. I was here for pigs. The pigs were slim. I saw one friday evening and after hunting all day in the drizzle ( and periodically changing my prime) I still had the mother of all hangfires when I did try a shot. And I knew it would happen. Oh well. That’s why it’s called hunting.

I did see lots of critters. Passed up three nice bucks. Just didn’t wanna shoot one. They were pretty. And had the dream shot on a nilgai bull who just stood there at 75 yds staring at me. I suppose he knew he was safe as the last thing I wanted to deal with was his 800+ pound carcass. Saw a few javelinas and bobcat too.

E
Really and truly that's what it's all about. A hunting trip like you talked about would be great. Taking an animal would just be an extra. Kind of like having a nice big porterhouse steak. A little salt and pepper. Steak sauce might be OK but not necessary .

E
"via Dolorosa"
Not too far from you here in Manor.
Ever get close holler at me we can go out and do some shootin'
Or if you want another old man tagging along looking for a pig, I got the time.

Latest posts

Back