• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A & H Mountain rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunguy98

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've lurked here for a while and I decided I wanted to post a pic or two of my A & H mountain rifle. I have to say I love this gun, looks awesome and performs too. I have nearly 100rds thru her and I can regularly get 1.5"-2" at 100yds. I'm using 60grs. of Pyrodex RS, Hornady .490 round balls and lubed .015 patches.
Carbine-AH009.jpg
[/img]
Carbine-AH014.jpg
[/img]
Carbine-AH011.jpg
[/img]
Carbine-AH010.jpg
[/img]
Carbine-AH015.jpg
[/img]

I have one in flint that developed a crack in the stock. I sent it back and they replaced the rifle with a new one. It looks so good it is a shame to shoot it and get it all dirty.

Normally I'd use Goex, but my local shop was out so I got the Pyrodex insted. :grin:
I've heard about these developing cracks, but I think I got a good one because there's no slop in the breach and the wood grain runs in the right direction.

Good looking rifle, Gunguy. And I'd love to be able to shoot from my porch. Seems pretty accurate. What twist rifling does it have?

Fine lookin rifle gun fur shur. I much prefer drum and nipple over any patten breech but some designs now are both, with the drum threaded into the breech plug rather than ahead of the plug. Is the A&H that sort of breech?

I do believe it's just ahead of the breach.
And thanks for the compliments guys :grin:

I'm so used to mine in flintlock that the percussion lock looks "funny" on it. :hatsoff:

Yeah, the flintlock fills up the sideplate. But the hammer on the percussion gun is bigger than it looks.

Back