• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A horn for a forum member

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroncaTAL

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of a horn I made for fellow forum member Patrick Cameron.

Finished4.jpg

Finished3.jpg

Finished6.jpg

Finished5.jpg

It was a fun horn to make and the scrimshaw was the most challenging I've done. I was sweating waiting for it to get to Pat, but he says he likes it. :grin:

Scott

This is a pretty special horn.
I love it!
Scott was a great guy to work with and
there is no way this horn could have turned out any better. I plan to bring it to Dixon.s next year and enter it on Scott's behalf.
The pictures look great. The actual horn looks even better.

PJC
Patrick J Cameron

PJC said:
This is a pretty special horn.
I love it!
Scott was a great guy to work with and
there is no way this horn could have turned out any better. I plan to bring it to Dixon.s next year and enter it on Scott's behalf.
The pictures look great. The actual horn looks even better.

PJC
Patrick J Cameron

I've got one as well that Scott should enter at Dixon's. He was told he should do as such!

He is really got a knack for this!

Hey all, thanks for the good words. In answer to some of the questions, I made everythingon this horn, including the staple and nails. This horn is my thirteenth completed horn, with more in the works. Here's another picture of the scrimshaw:

COA.jpg

Scott

Patrick,
now you are a group of special folks!

you be lucky number 13!

I have #s 5 & 8! (which equals 13!)

Very nice Scott!..... :thumbsup: Gon'in ta try to make one of those powder horns someday! Where do you find them cows with the fancy carved tips?

Rick

That is a winner in my book. What a great job all the way around,
you should be very proud.
Dusty

Back