• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Am I the only one who doesn’t really care for carving on a rifle stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carvings on guns, are like custom paint jobs on cars and motorcycles... For some that appreciate the work/skill involved, that trips their trigger!

I am a hobbyist woodworker, and love seeing a nice slab or chunk, and envisioning what lurks within.

I appreciate all kinds of skills but wood speaks to me.

I hope to get some of my money back by selling the carved stock to someone who has a regular woods runner and wants to upgrade to the carving.

what do you suppose it should be worth?

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpeg
    IMG_0899.jpeg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    1.7 MB
  • IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    3.7 MB
I agree. A rifle with machine carving (let's assume it's a Kibler) is not unique or custom in the sense of "special" because others are just like it, while hand carving is one of a kind even if the pattern is basically the same. I guess paying for ANY carving is vanity, and if I want to be vain about my gun, I prefer total vanity knowing the carving is indeed special.
Good grief, that sounds like a VP's word salad. But maybe you see what I mean.
That is probably true, but it does work well on pump rifles if they cross check the forearm you can you get a better grip.

Back