• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another E.Va Born at TVM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBrooks

32 Cal.
Reaction score
After a long wait, my E.Va arrived Fri Aug 12.
Another work of art from Matt and team.
If you have any doubts how a Mark DeHass barrel shoots out of the box...check the 3 holes in middle of target
RandysGun007.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun001-1.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun002.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun003.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun003.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun004.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun006.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun012.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun008.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun010.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun011.jpg
[/img]
RandysGun009.jpg
[/img]

Very very nice!!! Love the looks and those triggers!! Looks like it shoots good too. Sure makes me look forward to mine in about 2 more weeks?
Macon

There ain't enough space to describe how she shoots. Toni talked me into an E.Va for the balance and feel. Boy was she right.

Make sure someone gets a photo of your face expression as you unwrap your rifle when it arrives.

Terrific looking Virginia...could have come from a plank out of the same tree as my Virginia last year...TVM does great work for sure, and are totally customer satisfaction oriented...
:thumbsup:

Congrats on a fine rifle. You'll have a faithful hunting partner for life with it. :hatsoff:

Wow! That is one gorgeous looking rifle.

Outstanding targets.

Last but not least, stunning scenery and backdrop.

:hatsoff:

Fantastic rifle. I got the news today that mine is getting started next week.

I really like the looks of that sunburst on your cheek rest. I might ask about one of those. Do you mind telling me what the charge was for that sun burst. You can PM if you like. Or if you would rather not say then I fully understand that as well.

I hope mine turns out as well as yours. But from what I have been told they all turn out great.

I am really looking forward to getting mine. What was your wood graded at?? Thanks Again and have a great day shooting that fantastic rifle!! Tom.

my gosh thats a gorgeous rifle i have a tvm southern rifle and want a virginia in the worst way.maybe if i get some ot this year.

Don't mind at all talking about my new rifle.
When Richard called to say my rifle was ready to
start, I ask if it was too late to add the star and he said it was no problem. At a cost of $35 and the work only took him about 2 hrs. As for the wood, I originally ordered plain but about 4 months into the order up-graded to P+ and it was worth it. I wanted to put most of the money in the barrel and siler deluxe lock. The stain is honey maple

Since I didn't want a patch box or carvings I thought it might be too plain so I added the star and it really does give it some kick.

The catalog at TVM describes this rifle as
Early Virginia, but probably cover the general
style of mid-18th century to about 1780

I'm no expert on periods so don't quote me.

lead487 said:
The catalog at TVM describes this rifle as Early Virginia, but probably cover the general style of mid-18th century to about 1780

And I'm very surprised that Mr. Brooks didn't already know what the commonly used EVA reference stood for...

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

roundball said:
lead487 said:
The catalog at TVM describes this rifle as Early Virginia, but probably cover the general style of mid-18th century to about 1780

And I'm very surprised that Mr. Brooks didn't already know what the commonly used EVA reference stood for...

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Everything is abreviated on this board lately, it's hard to keep it all sorted out. :idunno:

Hi,
I have a friend that wants me to build him an early "Virginia" style rifle. I have references to look at but I am curious about the TVM EVA gun. I like the lines but what exactly is "early Virginia" about it? Can anyone point out the appropriate details to me?

Thanks,

dave

Latest posts

Back