• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another shipping war story….

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to begin this by stating that the seller is in no way responsible for this conundrum. He has been excellent to deal with. He did his part. I’m not going to release his name at this time. However, rest assured that he is not responsible for this situation.

Secondly, at this point I’m not interested in stating what this pertains to. Let’s just say it is something we all have in common and for me, it is a lot of money. Perhaps not for some folks, but for me it is.

This package was shipped USPS, insured and boxed properly, according to the seller. Expected delivery date was last Friday. No package. Tracking indicated it was still in transit. Saturday came and no package and no update on tracking status.

Last night tracking indicated package was on my side of the world and was in transit to the nearest town. Cool. Checked early this morning and tracking stated package had made it to near by town and was scheduled to be delivered this morning. Checked one more time, out for delivery.

Waited all morning and no package. Mail box is on another road and is not visible from my house. Finally got on my ATV and rode down to mail box just to see if the mail had ran. Sure enough, it did and there was a notice in there stating “Sorry we missed you while you were out”. I never left the property and my two large outside dogs turns inside out when anyone comes up my driveway. I was so concerned about getting this package and perhaps missing the driver that I wouldn’t even take a shower today. In short, the driver lied. He never came up this driveway. Also, that notice has a sticky back meant to be stuck on a door but it was in my mailbox instead.

Okay, time to make a call. Postal dude understood and told me that I might be able to find him on some other nearby roads. Drove around for quite a ways to no avail. Saw the mail truck pass by me on a narrow curvy road going Mach 2. Turned around and drove like a mad man trying to catch up to him. He vanished.

Call back to post office and explainind this again. I informed him that tracking showed package was scheduled to be delivered last Friday. Also, I cannot waste anymore time waiting for this spendy package. I’ve put off several important things scheduled with other people and I can’t miss another day.

There is more but to shorten this up, the delivery driver is/was supposed to have turned around, came back and deliver my package. That was several hours ago. Now the day is shot. I have not made my first appointment today. I had 4 locations to be at today. It’s too late now. One place I needed to go has something I need to pick up to use at daylight tomorrow morning when help is supposed to be there.

So, last time I spoke to post office dude I asked him what time this evening I could drive up to the post office and pick up my package. He never would give me a time. He said the driver would show up or that he would call me.

This is insane and is my number one reason I do not like to purchase high dollar items if it has to be shipped.

I’m not angry and I’m not going to make a scene about this. I will maintain my integrity regardless. However, I am saddened by the apathy in the shipping world.

Last edited:
I had a package scheduled for delivery I was home sitting in my chair watching the tube, I could see the front door the postman walked up the steps put a note on the door saying ''sorry I missed you''. I went outside and and asked him what the he!! He said sorry I didn't think you were home. But on the bright side stamps are going up again.

Welp, after a little while longer and before the PO closed, no truck and no phone call. So, I made another call to check up on this situation. A very pleasant lady at one post office gave me the number for another PO. She gave me two names. She also told me to tell them they have 30 minutes to find my package. If they did not reply I was instructed to call her back. Wouldn’t you know it, after hearing my story, the man asked me to hold on for a couple of minutes. He came back and said “oh, we have it”. I told him to hold on and I’ll be up there in about 30 minutes.

I finally have my package home. What a goat rope!

I live rural also. Rural USPS delivery are contractors, not employees. Some are better than others. Sounds like yours is jut plain lazy. Mine is good but comes very late. Experiences vary. Recently I ordered an item from Amazon on a Friday. The site stated it would be delivered Sunday. Sunday? I didn't believe it and figured it might come Monday or Tuesday. It came Sunday. Miracles do happen.

I didn't have to read past USPS to understand your pain. The U.S postal service has really gone downhill in the last decade. I cringe each time I find out something is being sent to me via them. Amazon does a better job delivering. I ordered something a few months ago from the big A, and literally 2 hours later it was on my doorstep. Don't ever recall having a package delivered by them arriving damaged either.

Sorry for your trouble. USPS is just horrible. I know what time my mail truck runs and when there is an important package, I wait at the end of my long driveway. Otherwise they will do the same manure they did to you and put that stupid "sorry we are so lazy, we don't want to drive up your long driveway and get our ARSE out of the truck" note on my mail box. I've voiced my opinion to the local postmaster (supervisor) and nothing changes.

We've had stuff delivered by the USPS that we ordered from Amazon. On Sunday if you can believe that.

Sorry for your trouble. USPS is just horrible. I know what time my mail truck runs and when there is an important package, I wait at the end of my long driveway. Otherwise they will do the same manure they did to you and put that stupid "sorry we are so lazy, we don't want to drive up your long driveway and get our ARSE out of the truck" note on my mail box. I've voiced my opinion to the local postmaster (supervisor) and nothing changes.
They suck everywhere. I frequently get mail for my neighbors and they for me. When I have an bill to pay, I no longer put it in my mailbox but drive to the post office and put it in the box there. I suspect my Mailman has dyslexia; both with letters and numbers. He seems like a nice guy but if he can't do the job, should he be doing it? By the way, he is Hispanic, and I cannot help but think the DEI thing is operating here.

I really could not care less what color he is, I just want him to be competent.

I have had trouble with FedEx too. Packages that are listed as delivered, but I did not get them. Then later they magically show up without explanation. I guess I should be grateful....

They suck everywhere. I frequently get mail for my neighbors and they for me. When I have an bill to pay, I no longer put it in my mailbox but drive to the post office and put it in the box there. I suspect my Mailman has dyslexia; both with letters and numbers. He seems like a nice guy but if he can't do the job, should he be doing it? By the way, he is Hispanic, and I cannot help but think the DEI thing is operating here.

I really could not care less what color he is, I just want him to be competent.

I have had trouble with FedEx too. Packages that are listed as delivered, but I did not get them. Then later they magically show up without explanation. I guess I should be grateful....
Consider online banking. My bank electronically transfers the money on the pay date or mails the check for me if transfers aren’t possible.

Last edited:
Back