• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any body Remember These?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twosteels

32 Cal
Reaction score
Digging thru all the old possibles, looking for T.C. lock for a fellow, I came across these here caps. Used to buy em in the 1000 rd. box. musta have done a bunch of shooting. Wish they still had em,,,,,oh well.

Attachments

• DSCN4417.JPG
    DSCN4417.JPG
    5.8 MB
  • DSCN4418.JPG
    DSCN4418.JPG
    5.5 MB
Wow, $18 per 1,000......I missed out on those days

$18 per 1000!!! Back in early 1972 when I got into the percussion shooting I was paying .89 to .99 per hundred, that results in approx $9-10 per 1000. They weren't Dixie, but came in a red plastic container like the metal tins and were manufactured in Italy. My first capper arm was a Euroarms '51 Colt Navy in 44 caliber. Caps didn't fit worth a hoot, go to shoot a full cylinder full, several would tend to fall off, that 51 Navy sucked caps into the guts like flies to sugar. Had to pinch the caps most of the time, helped some, but that was back in the day when we didn't know about other caps and there was little after market nipples available if any to custom fit caps. There wasn't all of the written material available then on how to do this and that with percussion revolvers nor any online information (computers weren't even thought of then, much less websites). Those were the days of doing by trial and error and dealing with what ya had. Still have one of those empty red plastic 'tins' buried somewhere, always on the lookout for it. Back before all of the craziness, price increases, and scarcity started I felt a hunch and stocked up on a quantity Rem 10's along with a few bricks of CCI 11's and paid $30-32 a brick (1000), that was a major increase in the $20-25 I had been paying before that. Glad I did made the investment.

Back