• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any place to see pictures of Danglers Stains

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
WOuld like to see a color chart of the various offerings. Does one exist anywhere?

Jim Klein's no.....269.729.4407. Call him and discuss his stains and I believe he's got 3 colors and the oranger toner. Appox. $4.75 a bottle so it's inexpensive to make your own chart....Fred

This is Dangler's stain. Double stained with orange and then stained with med. brown and dark brown.
100_2602.jpg
[/img]

Wow! That's a beautiful piece of wood and the Dangler {Klein} stains really accentuated the curl. I did the same combination of stains but it came out more reddish brown w/ some yellow and good curl contrast.....possibly addt'l rubbing out would produce something similar to yours, but my wood wasn't as curly. Nice work on all the pictured guns.....Fred

Fred,
There aren't words to describe how scared I was after the second application of orange stain. I really thought I had just screwed the pooch on this one.
After adding the darker stain, then rubbing it back with alcohol soaked rags, a little tung oil and wham. I was very happy with how it turned out.

Ken....why did you have to go and do that? Now I'm confused and want to build a LR something like yours, if that's possible. In addition to good architecture etc., your guns show a lot of attention to detail....especially the inletting....Mind if I contact you for some suggestions on components?.....Fred

Back