• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone get a Pietta G&G Clone from this most recent batch?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I may ask, I got my tracking number from UPS. It doesn't state if a signature is required. Did you need a signature for package release? I chatted with someone on the site and they told me they didn't require a signature. Just wanting to make sure someone is going to be home on the delivery day.
My delivery didn't require a signature either. But you can go on UPS website and look at the estimated delivery time. I actually prefer no signature because I've had to jump through hoops before because the carriers schedule didn't line up with mine. But my situation may be different as I live way out in the sticks and we don't really have package thieves around here. YMMV

My delivery didn't require a signature either. But you can go on UPS website and look at the estimated delivery time. I actually prefer no signature because I've had to jump through hoops before because the carriers schedule didn't line up with mine. But my situation may be different as I live way out in the sticks and we don't really have package thieves around here. YMMV
Ok, yeah it has a delivery date but not the time. I live way in the back of the main house and everyone up front work. Hopefully I'll get it ok.

I took Grizzy to the back yard range. After a few cylinders of effortlessly banging the center of the 8 inch gong at various distances, I had to get it on paper. It printed a 2" group at 15 yards off hand. This thing is a shooter, and doesn't shoot anywhere near as high as other open tops I have. It could be the reduced load though. I was shooting 18 grains of 3F Grafs, .375 ball with beeswax / Tallow lube over the ball, and a #10 Remington cap. The manual says 16 grains should be used, but I see not problems on the recoil shield using 18. And there is hardly any recoil. So much fun to shoot.
KIMG0821.jpg
KIMG0822.jpg

Yeah, You're right, they won't. I read that after I made that post. But since they won't they should make better effort to represent what they are selling. Telling a customer that all you have is a stock photo, and that you can't open boxes is ludicrous. This is the very thing that drive me away from big retailers.

I have never had to sign for a pistol from Midway ups leaves them on the porch if we aren't home but we live in a high trust area.
Also I had Midway on the phone over a 1849 that was broken when I opened the box and they offered me a return so perhaps they will.

Well, very disappointed. Besides the wedge being unessarily tight. Took a lot of hard blows with a plastic hammer. The brass is turning green, the insides look like they been fired. The q-tip shows what was on the hammer only. The inside of frame has what looks like burnt powder. Cleaned the chambers, they had a black substance in them.
I'll get it done though. But I've bought from EMF and never got anything looking like this.

Attachments

• 20240703_102920.jpg
    20240703_102920.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240703_102809.jpg
    20240703_102809.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240703_102748.jpg
    20240703_102748.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240703_102633.jpg
    20240703_102633.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240703_102619.jpg
    20240703_102619.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240703_102547.jpg
    20240703_102547.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240703_102514.jpg
    20240703_102514.jpg
    912.7 KB · Views: 0
Just my narrow minded opinion but if Pietta increased the caliber of their .36's to where the cylinder walls were no thinner than on their .44's then they'd make some pretty darn nice revolvers. Probably end up around .41 or .42 bore or there abouts. Then turn the outsides of the barrels down to round with no more wall thickness than necessary. Trim off the recoil shields like they do for their interpretations of the Dance.
They'd have some fine handling pieces.

Back