• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

April Turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
....can't get her fast enough! I started on this one to try and stay occupied for a while.

wessv_Jan2010-3.JPG

I have been using a double caplock, but this spring I am gonna drag the single shot flinter back out. I lose 10 yards w/the shot pattern, but sure do enjoy the Ker-Flatch BOOM!

Anybody else having winter jitters waiting?
Wess

I'm not done with deer, squirrels and rabbits yet. So, got a ways to go. But I have scoped out a few toms for the future :)

I defer to original bp cartridge doubles though.

By the way, that is a hell of a drawing you have started. Nice work!

An absolute gorgious drawing! you are surly blessed with talent!............ Ed :hatsoff: :bow:

Outstanding sketch as usual Wess.

Yes, have a new .62cal Virginia to get after them with...90 days and a wake up here!

Saw something I think was pretty weird today while out coyote hunting. There was a lone tom turkey out in the field. No other turkeys around. I always thought they got into huge flocks this time of year.

that is what we long in the tooth turkey hunters refer to as a old hermit gobbler. If you can get lucky enough to kill him you will find that he is a 4 or 5 yr old an he will have a set of spurs that you can hang him from a limb with. Son if you hunt this turkey this spring DONT get loud an aggressive with him. Patience Patience an even more Patience is how to take his spurs

Ha! Something about that drawing looked familiar, as if I had seen your work before. I was right, if you're who I think you are, I have two of your drawings on my walls at home, both of deer. Very nice indeed.

I'd be happy if I got any legal turkey this spring. I've hunted turkeys for 5 years and have only been lucky and got 1 once.

it's my favorite time of year without question. it's gonna be a short season for me this year, got a baby due just before the season starts.

Admin and mods..... please consider locking this thread down. :cursing:

It's killing me. :surrender:

It is my opinion that gobblers were meant to be taken with nothing but black powder. NOTHING! :thumbsup:

Skychief....

:thumbsup: on the art work.Can't wait to hear that 62/20 "fizz boom" on a gobbler. :) Griz

This spring will be my first year hunting turkeys, with my renegade franken 20 no less. I get home from Korea 1 feb and that gives me just enough time to finish the gun and work up a load before the season starts. I really have high hopes getting a turkey to come to my calls, actually getting a shot would be fantastic. Chris

keep at it son an learn from every mistake you make. when you mess up sit for a moment an ask why an how an then store it away for the same situation next time. I have turkey hunted since I was your age an have now killed many longbeards an the best advise that I can give you is when your turkey hunting forget about time cause you are now on turkey time. He dont get in a hurry an most hunters do an that is their #1 mistake. Slow down dont call like you see them on the outdoor channel be slow soft an easy cause this is the real world. Patience an good luck to you :thumbsup:

Back