• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Armi San Marco Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanpilotdave

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I recently acquired an 1847 Walker imported by Replica Arms and I think was made by ASM. I need a couple parts but one in particular. I am looking for the trigger/bolt spring. I got one from Uberti and it is about 3/16" short on the trigger side. When I look up parts for the ASM it says to modify a Uberti spring. I don't know how I can stretch it? Is there a way to make a spring?

Yes there is a way to make just about any spring. It takes some stock and a way to heat it. Just about any competent blacksmith should be able to make one. For stock when I'm making a small spring, I use garage door spring and the coal forge but it has to be re-hardened by quenching then tempered to take the brittleness out of it.
Edit: I just searched for one with Google and there are a lot of places selling them one of the first to come up was on eBay.

Latest posts

Back