• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Treso Aluminum Bronze Nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Highly valued for their small hole size and of course the superior attributes of the aluminum bronze material, the supply of the nipples seems to have come to an end. Anyone know what happened with the manufacturer?

I
Highly valued for their small hole size and of course the superior attributes of the aluminum bronze material, the supply of the nipples seems to have come to an end. Anyone know what happened with the manufacturer?
I can't find any for Piettas myself.

I have noticed over the last year or so less online sellers were carrying Treso's. Besides Slix Shots, Track of the Wolf sells a stainless steel nipple under their name that is described as similar to
Treso's. I've bought three/four sets and they work very well with both Rem 10's, CCI 11's, and RWS 1075's.

I'd be happy with stainless or even carbon steel if someone would make the holes long and especially of such small diameter.

I am running Slixxshots in a few revolvers but will try some tow made in the rest and see what if any difference there is.

I have a beryllium/copper nipple on a rifle from Navy arms that seems indestructible but don't know where to get them any more.

I found that Berilium burned out with my heavily charged .461" M/R (100gr No.3 under a 550gr bullet). I was lucky enough to find 3 pieces of 3/16"dia Tungsten rod with holes thru'. 20 thou.,15 thou and 10 thou.. An .125"section of 010"Silver soldered into a case harded steel nipple has solved the problem.. These Tungsten sections are Made for FINE WIRE drawers to LINE wire drawing dies.
They are made in many sizes as Gold and Silver wire is used by Juellery manufacturers.. O.D.

I'm after the very small hole size. No worries with burning out. A dab of something like ER309 on carbon steel nipples and a super-fine drill bit would suffice but alas, I don't have such access these days.

I found that Berilium burned out with my heavily charged .461" M/R (100gr No.3 under a 550gr bullet). I was lucky enough to find 3 pieces of 3/16"dia Tungsten rod with holes thru'. 20 thou.,15 thou and 10 thou.. An .125"section of 010"Silver soldered into a case harded steel nipple has solved the problem.. These Tungsten sections are Made for FINE WIRE drawers to LINE wire drawing dies.
They are made in many sizes as Gold and Silver wire is used by Juellery manufacturers.. O.D.
Yeah, I've heard the long range guns shooting heavy conicals are hard on any nipples. I wonder if any one makes platinum lined nipples, course that would be pretty expensive for revolver use.

The base holes in Treso nipples always held up well years ago when shooting heavy slugs in .45 cal Whitworth & Rigby type rifles.
I never used these rifle's original nipples to preserve them, their base hole channels were lined with what looked like gold or platinum.

About a year ago I sold a fellow member a Danish .70 cal. jaeger that I had hunted & competed extensively with for 40+ years, it still had
the same Treso nipple. Good product :thumb:

Here's on old Pic I've posted before
Left to right
Treso,totw,uberti,slixx

I've even got treso on my ROA

Attachments

• 20230312_162604.jpg
    20230312_162604.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 0
Back