• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Artificial Tiger Striping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Cade

36 Cal.
Reaction score
anyone out there know how to put artificial tiger stripes on a gun stock?? i have a early 1970 model dixie fintlock that was damaged during shipping, the butt of the stock was broken. i now have to repair the stock so i thought i'd dress it up a little after repairing. always like the look of tiger strip maple so i'm leaning in that direction.

I haven't done it myself but have seen some very convincing pieces done with a small air brush.

There was thread about artifial stripes a month or 2 ago with pictures. Do a search and you should be able to find it.
Billk

See what you can find out about H.E. Leman rifles. One of his trademarks was artificial striping, using India ink. There is a website about his rifles that has some pictures.

Clayton

Back