• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Atglen , PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a search ... for the fellow shooter who responded to my question last fall - "can you build one for me.."
I received a lot of support and help from the forum, and my rifle was built.

The one response received from a member offered to have me come out to his range and shoot. His range is in Atglen, Pa.
I now want to accept his invitation but I can't find the thread to message him back. Hoping he sees this and will contact me.

My reason is pretty simple - I want a safe place to shoot. I stress the word SAFE. My nearby club has changed and not to my liking.
Last time out - a month or so - I was at the bench doing load work. Just as I was about to press the trigger, I noticed a fella come out of the HP range house and begin to just walk down range.
I yelled for him to stop, and he did, but was quite upset at my request. That range and the BP range are to use co-ordinated target changes. Basic club rule. He also failed to engage the safety lights that we use-
before any change the rule is you check with BP and ask for a target change if everyone is ready. then turn on the switch - red flashing lights engage in both range houses.
I explained the range rules to him, he changed his target after I made my shot, and retuned to the HP range. Unknown to me he had a friend inside that I did not see.

Well, that seemed to solve that safety issue. BUT - a short while later his buddy came out and did the SAME THING ! I really yelled at this guy for such an action. Especially after having explained to his friend not
15 min. before. I thought his friend would have cautioned him but no. So thus guy got angry mad and I blasted him for being stupid. Went up there and took photos of him, his pal, and the car they came in - including the plate. They became o so humble when the camera came out and I told them they had committed a range violation and would be reported to the club office. Which happened.
I admit I was very upset, and very concerned about this safety violation, wrote out a report, and gave the fella in the office all info including photos. I explained. to the office I thought these two were trap shooters with no experience on the HP range. But that is NOT an excuse at this club. Generally they take safety VERY seriously.
Sad to say I was too upset to continue shooting, so I left. Now looking for a new place to shoot.

So the point of this rant is to locate this member who offered me a chance to shoot at his club in Atglen, Pa. I just don't feel safe shooting at my home club of 60 years now.

Can’t help with the member from Atglen but please know that I and I’m sure others feel your pain. I sometimes say that life would be great if it wasn’t for people. I belong to a good club with smaller limited membership and I can’t tell you how many times I pulled in, saw people there and left. I like to shoot alone most times.

This is a search ... for the fellow shooter who responded to my question last fall - "can you build one for me.."

The one response received from a member offered to have me come out to his range and shoot. His range is in Atglen, Pa.
I now want to accept his invitation but I can't find the thread to message him back. Hoping he sees this and will contact me.

My reason is pretty simple - I want a safe place to shoot. I stress the word SAFE. My nearby club has changed and not to my liking.
Last time out - a month or so - I was at the bench doing load work. Just as I was about to press the trigger, I noticed a fella come out of the HP range house and begin to just walk down range.
I yelled for him to stop, and he did, but was quite upset at my request. That range and the BP range are to use co-ordinated target changes. Basic club rule. He also failed to engage the safety lights that we use-
before any change the rule is you check with BP and ask for a target change if everyone is ready. then turn on the switch - red flashing lights engage in both range houses.
I explained the range rules to him, he changed his target after I made my shot, and retuned to the HP range. Unknown to me he had a friend inside that I did not see.

Well, that seemed to solve that safety issue. BUT - a short while later his buddy came out and did the SAME THING ! I really yelled at this guy for such an action. Especially after having explained to his friend not
15 min. before. I thought his friend would have cautioned him but no. So thus guy got angry mad and I blasted him for being stupid. Went up there and took photos of him, his pal, and the car they came in - including the plate. They became o so humble when the camera came out and I told them they had committed a range violation and would be reported to the club office. Which happened.
I admit I was very upset, and very concerned about this safety violation, wrote out a report, and gave the fella in the office all info including photos. I explained. to the office I thought these two were trap shooters with no experience on the HP range. But that is NOT an excuse at this club. Generally they take safety VERY seriously.
Sad to say I was too upset to continue shooting, so I left. Now looking for a new place to shoot.

So the point of this rant is to locate this member who offered me a chance to shoot at his club in Atglen, Pa. I just don't feel safe shooting at my home club of 60 years now.
That’s s shame Delco.FS was the first club I belonged to. They were the most safety conscious club I ever belonged to. The Atglen I knew when I lived down there, was a really nice club. Best of luck. BJH

I got two ranges a little further north you can shoot at and check them out if you like. I think both are taking new members

Latest posts

Back