• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad year for acorns around here...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't been acorns here either. Last year the deck was covered with them, this year not so much.

No acorns in my area of NC. Headed to KY next week and no acorns to report in that area, and oaks are all I have to hunt.

This is one of the hickory trees beside the house. No leaves left - but it's loaded with nuts!

DSCN1075_zpse4556990.jpg

And deer love hickory nuts. Many years ago I had a stand in a grove of shagbark hickory trees and the deer gobbled up those hard-shelled nuts like there was no tomorrow. If you think it's noisy when they eat acorns under your stand, wait until you hear them crunching on hickories!

We have a bumper crop here in Middle Tn and the deer are all over them. Fall Turkey season opens Saturday as well

No acorns here and we had a pretty wet summer. This is the first year in the 5 I have been here that we haven't had acorns.

Latest posts

Back