• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag material

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mglampson

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I use a shooting bag made from a very heavy canvas type material. I am feeling the urge to make some myself but have yet to find material of a similar weight. It would be easier to work with then leather when putting it together and it lends itself beautifully for beadwork. Anyone know where I can get some canvas of this type?

Britches

I saw an old Navy sea bag, at a second hand store. I think that this might be a suitable material for you and probably can be picked up very cheaply.

IF YOU CANNOT FIND ANYTHING TO SUIT YOU, JUST TRIPLE LAYER THE CANVAS. I DID AND I HAVE A VERY NICE BAG.

GOD BLESS YA ALL

Anyone know where I can get some canvas of this type?

Try any art supply store, heavy canvas is stretched on frames for paintings...

Most sell bulk canvas...

Try aan upholstery supply store. Most will carry canvas for boat upholstery and covers. The synthetic canvas is more popular but many still carry stright canvas in natural color.

Army Navy Surplus store has canvas bags already made.
Just change the snaps/buckles and your in business.
They have shoulder strap on them too.

Woody

Found what I was lookin for yesterday. The wife had a horse sheet made of heavy canvas. The little horse that used to wear it is gone now and it wouldn't fit the gelding she has now. Turns out all it needed was a good washing, dang thing is water proofed too. Cleaned up real nice and after the straps were removed I have enough material for several shooting bags and haversacks. Guess sometimes you don't need to look any farther then yer own back yard. :)

Britches

Latest posts

Back