• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

banning our .50 muzzleloaders???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's another scary thought: my young brother sent himself to law school and became a lawyer. He would tell me how left the professors lean in their thinking and philosophy. Any student who admitted a conservitive standpoint about anything was mocked and ridiculed for their beliefs.

What we have are lawyers being trained to believe that conservative thinking is bad...liberal thinking: good. Well to do people: bad, poor and downtrodden: good. Our pool of legal professionals are tainted.
[/quote]

And these "liberally indoctrinated" law students become LAWYERS. And some of these lawyers become JUDGES. This is where liberal agenda-setting "judicial legislation" comes in :imo: I, for one, appreciate the efforts of the House Majority Leader in taking this issue head on (notice the disdain of the liberal media). :m2c: [/quote]

That's the primary background of politicians...lawyers, law school grads, etc

I think I know what they're talking about. At a recent gun show I attended, you could buy a rifle, like the one I saw in "Navy Seals", that the team sniper used. Now I believe in the 2nd Amendment rights, but why would anyone need a gun like that? :imo:

Someone post the entire 2nd. After read read it all you will know.

WHY

It goes far beyond the right to bear

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That's the whole enchalada.

I wanted to post the definition of infringed to clarify any questions as to the intent of the second amendment. I felt that licensing requirements would fall under the heading of infringement. It was kind of ironic that the definition included an example.

transitive verb : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

Well, I'll always maintain this thought: our society has and continues to destroy the family. Without that one ity-bity cohesive structure called a family unit, all hope is lost. Hillary was dead wrong when she insisted that it takes a village to raise a child.

I am an independent contractor that works for a public school system somewhere in Ohio. You would not believe what i see when i walk down some of these schools. Some of them, not all of them.

There are a ton of young girls (14 to 18 years of age perhaps) that bring their babies to school with them. I see this.

I also see armed cops patroling he hallways. I also see several youngsters taken away in handcuffs every day. I witness yelling, screaming, fighting in the hallways. disrespect towards property and elders. I see chaos, bedlam and madness run amok. All this within the confines of our public schools.

I see how these children learn to 'work' a system, to organize themselves to work around societies structures. I see the drug deals, the theft and the disregard for self worth.

This is the future of our country? I would hope and only pray that this is a minority in the whole scheme of things.

I would feel ashamed, sorrowfull and hurt to think that brave man and women are fighting for us overseas so that we can have this in our schools? How awful for those in the past that fought and surrendered their lives so that we are reduced to villiany, indecency, loathfullness, and laziness.

Families are so very important.

We definitely need to listen closely to our friends from Canada and the U.K. They have experienced what happens when the libs begin taking away just "certain" weapons. There are plenty of laws to protect our citizens if those laws are enforced, regardless of the type or caliber of weapons available. The 2nd Amendment needs to be protected at all costs; once it is compromised, the rest will be history.
:imo:

Here's a history quiz for ya! Who said this:

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, Our polive more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! :hmm:

d) 50 Caliber Sniper Weapon- The term `50 caliber sniper weapon' means a rifle capable of firing a center-fire cartridge in 50 caliber, .50 BMG caliber, any other variant of 50 caliber, or any metric equivalent of such calibers.'.

Not only would this cover .50 through .58 muzzleloaders, it also would cover .50 Maynard and Smith Carbines, .54 Sharps and Gallagher carbines and rifles, and let's not forget any rifle chambered for
.50/70, .50/90, .50/100, .50/110, .50/120 and .58 centerfire. Rolling Blocks, Sharps and more! Oh, and before I forget 12.7x44r and 12.7x42r Swedish Rolling Blocks :no: :curse: :bull: :youcrazy:

and dont forget every muzzleloader, whether its inline, sidelock percussion,matchlock, flint, or wheellock or snaphaunce. 50 cal is 50 cal, and if its rifled its a "sniper weapon".

guess they finally figured out how to take our guns away. and dont forget all cannons can fall under the "sniper" designation,,, we doo have sights onthem correct?

Adolph Hitler?

Yep! And if we don't take a stand, we're next.

'First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a Social Democrat, so I did nothing. Then came the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I did little. Then when they came for me, there was no one left to stand up for me.'
Martin Niem

'First, they collected all the handguns, but I was not a handgunner, so I said nothing. Then, they collected all the assault weapons, but I did not own one, so I did nothing. Next, they collected all the sniper rifles, but I was not a sniper, so I cared not. Now they want all my target and hunting guns and spit on my family traditions and values. And all I can do now is submit, why did I not stand up with my brethern?'
Claypipe

Amen to that, and the time is NOW.

Well, when you run for office I'll vote for you.

When they give me a proposition, I'll vote pro-gun.

Unfortunately, my choices are usually Bad vs. Worse on the ballot, and then I have to rely on the winner to do my bill voting for me, as the gun control and hunting rights issues seldom come up on public ballots. In fact, not once in the 30 years I've been voting. :hmm:

.....as the gun control and hunting rights issues seldom come up on public ballots. In fact, not once in the 30 years I've been voting.....

That might be one of those things where the old saying applies:

"be careful what you wish for"

IMO, if guns got put up for public voting the guns would be gone...the anti's would have a well oiled campaign running for weeks prior to the vote, brainwashing the public by listing every intentional and accidental shooting incident that's ever occurred...the housewife outside hanging clothes killed by a distant unseen .30-06....kids who played with loaded guns and killed each other....the trend of high school shootings....all the drive-by shootings....etc, etc, etc

<<< This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, Our polive more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! >>>

Actually, this is a bogus urban legend.

I am opposed to the ban on the .50 cal, but let's be accurate in what we put out.

CS

Ugh! Sorry about that one. But the other quote is historical fact.

A gun by any other name is still a gun. Gun enthusiasts, no matter the type of firearm, must stand together against this tyranny. This attempt to lull us to sleep and change our society from citizens to subjects.

just :m2c:

Well, I just wrote my "Elected Officals", both state and federal, as I just discovered a version of this tripe has been introduced in the Massachusetts State senate. This is what I wrote:

This is a poorly worded and broad reaching bill, which is simply intended to infringe upon the rights of law biding citizens who enjoy firearms as a hobby and sport. Terrorist don't care how they obtain weapons, and nor are they likely to obtain their armament from the local gun shop. This bill, the way it is worded, would affect muzzleloading enthusiasts, as well as living history Black Powder Cartridge firearms buffs re-enacting the days of western expansion in the US. This bill, as it stands, is anti-cowboy, how un-American is that?

Just:m2c:

We definitely need to listen closely to our friends from Canada and the U.K. They have experienced what happens when the libs begin taking away just "certain" weapons. There are plenty of laws to protect our citizens if those laws are enforced, regardless of the type or caliber of weapons available. The 2nd Amendment needs to be protected at all costs; once it is compromised, the rest will be history.
:imo:

Here's a history quiz for ya! Who said this:

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, Our polive more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! :hmm:

First, let me say I don't believe in this legislation. It is not about need, but rights. We have no requirement to show a need to own cars that exceed the speed limit, we don't have to show a need to own knives larger than a sterak knife.

However, I have to say there is some misinformation in this thread. The above quote is made up it was never said by Hitler. See http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcbogus.html .

Fifty Caliber rifles are not destructive devices. Ronnie Barret's original rifles might have been heavily regulated by the State Dept. originally, but not currently by ATF. Fifty cal. rifles had been used in matches since at least the 1950's. Barrett's original military rifles went to the muj in Afghanistan. You can buy .50 rifles in NY. We are not a Class III state, a civilian cannot own a destructive device or a machine gun here. No ifs, ands, or buts.

As far as Waco goes. If you want to believe the conspiracy theories fine. However, to accomplish a burning of the Branch Davidian compound and then cover it up as being from lanterns inside would require a lot of people to go along with it. Do you honestly believe that your fellow citizens, and that's what we are talking about here, would go along with this? How about the people who were murdered inside during the conflagration? Don't give me the BS that the FBI snipers did it.

This government is incapable of keeping a secret, especially in the Clinton White House, do you really beleive that the could cover this up?

Regardless of what the government had as evidence, some of which is spurious, like the pedophilia allegations (not in ATF's realm of responsibility), to initiate the search warrant the Davidians were wrong. You do not resist a police officer. It is rarely legal, always a bad idea, and in their case clearly led to further indisputable violations of law. Murder for instance.

Claude, or moderators hasn't this topic run it's course? I think we've gotten pretty political here, and that is something the Forum rules prohibit.

:relax: I don't mean any disrespect to anyone. I just want to people to think, and not get so excited that someone does get their feathers ruffled. :thumbsup:

Claude, or moderators hasn't this topic run it's course? I think we've gotten pretty political here, and that is something the Forum rules prohibit.

You're correct, the Forum Rules do prohibit politics. We have let a few "gun" issues slide because occasionally, people need to let off steam. If we ran the Forum with an iron hand and deleted, edited or moved every infraction of the rules, this would be a miserable place to visit.

Running a forum is not an exact science. There will always be exceptions to the rules and grey areas that the Moderator's must rule on. We've entertained the option of a "Politics" category, but decided against it. Perhaps the "no politics" rule will only serve to limit the political issues to an occasional gun issue? I could live with that. Perhaps we should offer a "Second Amendment" Forum?

As some of you know, I very much dislike enforcing rules at all. It's the least enjoyable aspect of running this Forum. In my view, the only reason for rules is to keep the information focused on the subjects, make the information easy to find and to limit hostilities. To that end, I think everyone has done a great job.
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back