• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

banning our .50 muzzleloaders???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mean while there has only been TWO accounts of a black powder firearm EVER being used in a felony. Both were pistols, one single shot, one revolver.

Hard to believe those were the only two felonies with blackpowder pistols.

CLARIFICATION:

Only two felonies from the time the NRA started compiling records in teh 1960's.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That's the whole enchalada.

NO NO NO.

This is only the FIRST paragraph.

You need to read the entire thing. This is why the lib commie press have the sheep on thier side. They only quote this part.

They want you to belive the police are the " regulated militia" and folk dont need firearms. Cept Janet Reno who told us we can have a hunting rifle.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NO NO NO.

The following is from the House of Representives web site. I believe this is the complete text of the Second Amendment. I've never heard of a "second paragraph".

Amendments to the Constitution
CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PROPOSED BY CONGRESS, AND RATIFIED BY THE LEGISLATURES OF THE SEVERAL STATES, PURSUANT TO THE FIFTH ARTICLE OF THE ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION (See Note 12)

Article [I.] (See Note 13)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Article [II.]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Article [III.]

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

etc.

This information has been compiled from the U.S. Code. The U.S. Code is published by the Law Revision Counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Nope that is the WHOLE Ammendment. There isn't even a second sentence.

As far as Waco goes. If you want to believe the conspiracy theories fine. However, to accomplish a burning of the Branch Davidian compound and then cover it up as being from lanterns inside would require a lot of people to go along with it. Do you honestly believe that your fellow citizens, and that's what we are talking about here, would go along with this? How about the people who were murdered inside during the conflagration? Don't give me the BS that the FBI snipers did it.

This government is incapable of keeping a secret, especially in the Clinton White House, do you really beleive that the could cover this up?

You really don't know how the Government works. Do you realize how much cash the government would have to shell out if they were found in the wrong at Waco? Nowhere near what they would have to spend on their spin doctors and mis-information machine. The whole Lewinski episode was damage control. Keeping people looking at the right hand while the left hand remained in the background. Clinton has his pension, and is pretty much retired from it all. What does he care? If you think the president is in total control of this country, you're fooling yourself.

You may wish to see "Waco: The Rules of Engagement", it gives one much to ponder.

And trust me, if they wanted to, they can intimidate that many people into silence or just plain make them disappear.

As far as not resisting an officer of the law. Where would this country be if the founding fathers, the men, who laid down their lives, and I don't mean the pencil pushers like Jefferson, Monroe, Adams or Franklin, hadn't resisted the tyranny of British law? Jefferson, Monroe, Adams and Franklin wrote down, spoke and spread the ideals, It was those who died in conflict whose blood fertilized the seeds of democracy that founded this country. Our country is so entangled and ensared by laws, that its just barely legal to breathe anymore. And its all in "our best interest."

This country is ruled by big business, corporations who need economic slaves to keep their industry alive. It started in the mid to late 1800's when this country became an industrialized power. I will always support our fighting men, they are but following the orders given them. But, the Iraq war is about oil, just as Kuwait was. Vietnam was about rubber. And what country uses the most of rubber and oil? And who profits from this? Big Business through the American "need" for automobiles.

And though this "rant" may seem off topic, we must not become distracted from the issues at hand.

OUR RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!

But, even more than that,
OUR RIGHT TO BE FREE CITIZENS!

Just :m2c:

I feel no need to defend myself with a fifty caliber centerfire rifle that can penetrate a armored vehicle. No one is going to break into my home with a tank.

You are most likely right about the tank.

But, your personal evalution of life and the choices you make for yourself, have nothing to do with my "rights". I may wish to possess or do something that is impossible for you to understand.

We need not justify or prove the merits of what we do. :peace:

I wonder what the Jews of Nazi Germany and modern day Israelis would have to say to these remarks. Or even the Black Panthers, Branch Davidians or Ruby Ridge. Yes, they were on the fringe of society, but their rights as citizens were soundly stomped. Sound far fetch? So did 9/11 at one time. It maybe improbable, but never impossible.

Just :m2c:

But, the Iraq war is about oil, just as Kuwait was.

No question about that...one only needs to look at all the other hotspots in the world that we DON'T bother with, to understand the oil issue...and I agree with it...take over control of the mid-East and use that oil up first, before we have to start using more of our own.

Our country would collapse in no time if our oil supply was shut off, and we'd be taken over and owned by almost any other good sized country.

Bush 41 had his hands full with the gulf War, and Bush 43 has had his hands full with 911+. However, for 8 years Clinton sat in the Whitehouse, and while I'm no Clinton fan, to be honest, he was a smart, talented, influential guy...but IMO squandered a huge opportunity to use his presidency to galvanize this country behind various forms of alternative energy initiatives, like Kennedy galvanized this country with the space program.

We either have to own / control the middle east flow of oil or eliminate our dependency on oil...one or the other.

Re: However, for 8 years Clinton sat in the Whitehouse

you mean F#$$ed all around the Whitehouse :nono: .

All thoughs that spent time in Iraq can tell you firsthand that most of the pepole are way more hapy with Sadam gone. We may not have used "proper prosedures" to go to war, but it needed done. I am aposed to all evil and sadam was an evil man!

Amendment II

NO NO NO.

Sorry guys, my brain wasnt working. I think I shall not post after being up 23 hours. Nor When I have the flu. or both.

Continue on with the rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back