• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear kill with .60 flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent video and bear! Congrats and doesn't look like he ran anywhere. :hatsoff:

Thanks everybody, load was 120 grains 3F with a .595 PRB. I shot the bear in the front of the near shoulder, recovered the ball in the abdominal cavity. Ball expanded to over an inch in diameter. The bear dropped immediately, as can be seen, without "spining" him. The time was 1:15 AM. Here in the interior of Alaska it does not get dark this time of year, just dusky between midnight and 3 am or so.

Good shooting on the bear.

I don't know how you can stay up that late and still be able to make a good shot.
My wife, kids and I spent a week in northern Canada fishing one July. It got dark at 11:30pm and sun was rising again at 3:15am. I was never so tired in my life as I was at the end of that week. :surrender:

Good shot RokLok. I probably couldn't find my rear sight when it's that dark!

Back