• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Linguistic Pet Peeves

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE="flinter1977, post: 1751648, member: 34192"]
:ghostly: The only thing that really bothers me and where I draw the line is when people call their fire locks flinters.
/QUOTE
LOL, Read that - Loud and clear...! :thumb:

all of this RANT, just drives up your BP, slow down and chill. you'll live longer! it will not change your life.

well i am old and grouchy and hate all preppie slang! i have been a professional transmission builder for over 40 years, kind of retired now. i really can't stand it when people refers to a transmission as a "tranny" makes my skin crawl! right up there with "flinch lock",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
all of this RANT, just drives up your BP, slow down and chill. you'll live longer! it will not change your life.
Listen to TOOT ..........

confused,? BP. rely? you figure it out!? it isn't rocket science.

I don't care what B/P terms people use but using basically, like and the F word ad nauseam in spoken sentences drives me up the wall.
Agreed. You can almost always skip words ending in "ly". Listening to some people use "like" leads me to believe they are using it to stall while they figure out what they want to say.
And if you can't add emphasis without resorting to the "F" word your education, manners and vocabulary are deficient.

Start spoof:
Vernacular used by people who shoot front stuffers?
Yeah, I couldn't care less unless somebody doesn't like it.
Then maybe I could care less.
Well, OK, except for maybe people who started calling muzzleloading bullets "conicals". Those goofy nitwits almost two centuries ago obviously lacked a proper education or else they wouldn't have started that.
End spoof.

Back